Director OF Marketing Pharmaceutical
Brisbane , CA 94005
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Director, Marketing: reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing, the Director of US Marketing will direct all HCP Marketing initiatives for this product in the US market.
The Director will take a significant role in the development and execution of best-in-class annual marketing plans inclusive of brand strategies and HCP tactical plans utilizing deep marketing knowledge and former successful rare disease & biopharmaceutical marketing experience. The Director is responsible for the implementation of the brand strategy and corresponding HCP tactics.
The individual will work cross-functionally with Field Engagement, Patient Services. Market Access, the Global Brand Strategy group, Marketing Research, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Legal and Compliance and will collaborate with other members of the commercial services team as required.
Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Work collaboratively as part of the North American Marketing team to lead HCP marketing initiatives, monitor the progress of these marketing initiatives and adjust appropriately to optimize patient access and key customer uptake
- Flawless Brand strategy execution as it applies to HCP marketing and peer-to-peer educational event marketing
- Work with team members to prepare HCP tactical plans and associated budgets, manage execution against plans and budgets, ensure on-time delivery within budget of all marketing initiatives
- Work collaboratively with field management and training to brief and train field personnel.
- Manage Congress content and development in collaboration with the event management team, including messaging, booth design and coordinating onsite materials and field training
- For all HCP initiatives, whenever possible, establish ways to measure impact, report results, and adjust plans accordingly
- Identify issues that could potentially create barriers to patient flow/access and provide solutions
- Manage all US brand promotional activities within corporate and industry guidelines for ethics and compliance
- Work collaboratively with Global Brand Strategy team ensuring seamless two-way communication & US alignment with global brand plans
- Work cross-functionally and partner with multiple non-commercial teams including Global Brand Strategy, Medical Affairs, Government Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, & Patient Advocacy
- Partner with commercial colleagues and the customer facing Field Teams including Market Access, UCLs, and Patient Support Services, providing training and leading workshops focused upon disease awareness, new product adoption and patient access
Technical Requirements &
- BA/BS degree or equivalent life-sciences qualification required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7-9 years of sales and marketing experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with at least 2 years HCP marketing in rare/ultra-rare disease PLEASE ONLY APPLY if you have this prior experience
- Prior pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical sales experience strongly preferred
- Successful candidates will have a proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary team with a high degree of collaboration, a strong patient focus and an understanding of U.S. patient access challenges
- Strong command of analytical and market research techniques with a proven ability to interpret market insights to help guide strategic direction and prioritize patient tactics
- Experience developing & managing peer-to-peer educational meeting series a must
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and act creatively to develop and lead innovative brand strategies and tactics
- Proven experience in partnering with field teams
- Proven experience working with and managing external partners, including advertising and communications agencies
- Proven ability to communicate complex scientific and clinical concepts to a patient audience is required
- This position will require up to 30% travel in the US
People Management Skills:
- Clarify Direction & Priorities: Set clear direction for your direct reports aligned with functional and corporate goals. Reprioritize work, as needed. Enable others to do their job well by communicating information and making decisions in a clear, timely manner.
- Partner & Collaborate Effectively: Listen to and value others’ thoughts and ideas. Demonstrate effective partnership both within and outside your team. Achieve results with and through others.
- Support Learning & Growth: Demonstrate self-awareness, humility, and curiosity in service of self-development. Provide regular coaching and feedback that will inspire growth and improvement in others.
- Set & Achieve Goals:Understand business objectives and effectively translate them into strategies, while skillfully navigating obstacles and resistance to change.
- Inspire & Mobilize Others: Serve as a positive role model – create followership and effectively mobilize and influence others, both on your team and across the organization.
- Provide Ongoing Coaching & Feedback:Coach others to achieve their goals through encouragement and high-quality feedback, and support the growth and development of team members.