Public Sector Employer In Northeastern Pennsylvania
Bethlehem , PA 18015
Public Sector Employer in Northeast Pennsylvania is seeking a Director of Maintenance and Operations. This position will be responsible for coordination of general maintenance, construction activities, condition and appearance of property portfolio consisting of 1200 + apartments, townhouses, multifamily and single family units, and offices.
1. Develop and maintain comprehensive operations and maintenance procedures for each respective development.
2. Implement preventative maintenance schedule for mechanical systems at each development. Including procurement and monitoring of scheduled activities and coordinating repairs required from activities performed.
3. Develop uniform property standards that can be followed by professional staff to improve consistency and appearance of developments.
4. Coordinate and monitor performance of all capital improvement programs, including those funded by Capital Fund Program.
5. Inspect contractor work to ensure compliance with specifications, building codes and program regulations.
a. Review change order forms and recommend approval or rejection.
b. Review contractor applications for payment for both capital and preventative maintenance programs.
6. Makes phone calls and site visits with contractors, architects and professional staff to resolve problems and answer questions.
7. Coordinate between contractor(s) and professional staff to insure proper flow of information concerning timing of work to be performed and impact on residents.
8. Develop and maintain project schedules to properly oversee assigned programs and to adequately monitor performance.
9. Oversee Davis Bacon wage rate compliance procedures for federally funded programs to insure compliance with Davis Bacon Wage Act.
10. Maintain library of construction documents so information can be accessed to meet future maintenance needs.
11. Supervise and assist staff.
12. Coordinate maintenance staff work with Property Managers and reviews work of staff.
12. Review bid documents to determine compliance with regulations
14. Determines acceptability of contractors work.
15 Determines if change order amounts are acceptable.
16 Develop Request for Proposals (RFP) as needed to insure proper maintenance repairs to facilities and equipment.
17 Makes recommendations to supervisor regarding problem resolution.
Candidate for this position will have a professional background in building maintenance and or construction administration with primary duties focused on implementation of preventative maintenance schedules, construction contract monitoring, for multiple facilities. Training or experience in engineering or construction services. Ability to develop materials utilizing Microsoft Suite products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) or Auto Cad.
College degree or at least five (5) years experience in building maintenance and/or construction administration management.