Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Director Of Investment Accounting - Publicly Traded
Iowa Career Connection
West Des Moines , IA 50266
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This is a major NYSE-listed financial services firm, headquartered in Central Iowa, marketinga branded portfolioof financial services and retirementproducts with nearly $100BN in invested assets. The Director of Investment Accounting role is crucial to our ongoing success and continued growth as a top-three leader in our category.
The quality of life in Central Iowa is exceptional, with amenities, no traffic and great schools. We are looking for an investment accounting professional with SOX, GAAP and Statutory expertise to add to our firm while positioning your career for growth.
- Work closely with VP, Investment Accounting, to close the companys books.
- Lead a team of investment accounting professionals.
- Oversee control environment related to investment accounting financial reporting functions.
- Provide regular updates to senior management.
- Develop and perform analytical procedures on investment performance relative to stated strategies and objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring all staff members are cross-trained to ensure adequate coverage.
- Serve as control owner for all investment accounting SOX controls. Consistently review and modify as needed all SOX controls to ensure they are applicable to processes.
- Stay abreast of market conditions, investment strategies, changing accounting literature and regulatory guidance to ensure compliance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- CPA designation strongly preferred.
- 7-9 years combined experience in an investment accounting function and public accounting with demonstrated progressive managerial experience.
- 4 years of management experience.
- Strong knowledge of Fixed Income, Structured Products, Derivatives, Mortgage Loans and Alternative Investments.
- Understanding and experience of GAAP and Statutory accounting guidance and reporting requirements.
- Ability to effectively interface with senior management across the organization.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and process improvement experience.
- A strong detailed orientation while being able to see how the details impact the larger strategic objectives of the firm
- PAM for Investments experience a plus.
- Occasional travel required approx. 10%
- Performance bonus eligible.