Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Director Of Human Resources
New York , NY 10011
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Hu Kitchen & Hu Products - Director of Human Resources
At Hu (short for Human), when we see something we want to change, we make it happen. From our Hu Kitchen restaurant in Manhattan to our growing Hu chocolate line (and all things in between), we want to create places and products where we are comfortable with every ingredient we use.
We are looking for a Director of HR to oversee all personnel-related matters with both our dynamic Hu Kitchen restaurant employees as well as with the Hu Products team that drives the sales of our chocolate and coffee retail and e-commerce products.
This is a great opportunity to join a team that is passionate about living actively, aging gracefully, and flourishing in all aspects of life.
We would love someone who is experienced in NY restaurant HR and looking for their next challenge in the food space as this role will span two organizations with different needs:
- Our restaurant needs a person experienced in restaurant/hospitality HR position and knows the ins and outs of NY employment and labor legislation.
- Our products business needs someone interested in helping build a fast growing organization that is looking to double in the coming year.
- This role will be directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the people functions across the two organizations.
Ultimately, you will ensure our employees are engaged, well-trained and productive so they can provide excellent customer service.
The ideal candidate will:
- Create hiring plans for the organization in coordination with the CEO and Director of Culinary and Operations
- Promote open roles using online and print job ads
- Screen, interview and evaluate candidates
- Prepare job offers and employment contracts
- Schedule onboarding sessions and job-related training for all employees
- Track key recruiting metrics like turnover rates and source of hire
- Plan attractive compensation and benefits packages to increase retention
- Manage payroll and keeping updated records of payments
- Oversee employee attendance and working schedules including breaks, overtime, and paid time off
- Ensure our restaurant staff complies with health and safety regulations in the hospitality industry
- Provide strategic and tactical support to maintain positive employee relations.
- Respond to ad hoc management and employee questions in a timely manner regarding policies, procedures, benefits, performance management, workers compensation, payroll, PTO, etc. Coach managers on resolution of employee relations issues.
- Maintain all employee records while ensuring confidentiality.
- Coach employees and aid management in communication.
- Assist in work-related issues, conduct investigations and make recommendations.
- Stay up-to-date and informed on governmental regulations and policies regarding employment.
- Lead compensation and benefits, including ensuring smooth annual and new hire benefits enrollment. Regularly evaluation plan performance and proactively recommend changes and balancing value for employees and company with cost.
- Contribute to strategic plans and implement change by presenting information and recommendations to our key stakeholders and executives
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Required Education and Experience
- 5+ years HR Management experience, preferably in the hospitality/corporate restaurant industry
- BS in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or similar field, PHR/SPHR certification or additional diploma in Restaurant Management a plus
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation
- Hands-on experience with recruiting for junior, senior, seasonal and part-time positions and experience working with a recruiter
- Good knowledge of federal and state regulations around employment and labor laws, especially flexible work schedules.
- Comfort coordinating with recruiting firms and legal support on ensuring proper documentation for offer letters and other paperwork
- Experience with ATS, payroll software and resume databases, preferably TimePro
- Familiarity with and Valiant preferred
- Excellent database management and record keeping
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to adapt to industry and employment regulations quickly