Director Of Finance - Luxury Southwestern Mountain Property
Marvin Love And Associates
Las Vegas , NV 89109
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
BIG PICTURE: Luxury High Volume Mountain Property in the South West is in need of an experienced ADOF or DOF. Hospitality background is required.
The property Director of Finance will lead the Finance Department and oversee HOA operations such that accounts management, reporting, financial analysis and interdepartmental and vendor relations are managed to optimize the resort and HOA profitability.
- Provide guidance and communication related to accounting systems, policies and processes.
- DOF is a final review step for all monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports issued by department.
- Work with Controller/ Managing Director and operational team to provide full and accurate forecasts.
- Lead monthly finance update meetings with Managing Director of operational team.
- Conduct financial analysis of operation to optimize all assets.
- Lead and Assist with pro-forma and development projects.
- Review all contracts and participate in negotiation with vendors to achieve most favorable terms.
- Oversee insurance, and 401k compliance.
- Develop best financial practices control procedures. Continually review the process and procedures to optimize profits.
- Ensure the balance sheets are a proper reflection of the assets and liabilities of the resorts.
- Lead the preparation and filing of all jurisdiction(s) tax and reporting requirements for the property.
- Answer financial and tax related inquiries as requested.
- Offer up suggestions, make recommendations and implement necessary changes to meet and exceed departmental objectives and to enhance financial efficiency.
- Responsible for oversight of HOA accounting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years previous accounting management experience is preferred.
- Previous hospitality industry experience is highly desired.
- Appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- Experience in working with M3 accounting system is a plus.
- Knowledge of OnTrack Labor Management System or similar system is a plus.
- High proficiency in Excel and all Microsoft Office programs.
- Capability to negotiate contracts and develop relationship with vendors.
- Ability to analyze all aspects of the operations.
- Ability to devise and implement strategic plan to optimize assets.
- Ability to devise and implement innovative way to operate in order to produce strong results.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and experience in the preparation of general ledger reports and financial statements.
- Strong track record for management of confidential information with significant degree of discretion and independent judgement.
- Capability for effective communication with all levels of staff and management, both verbally and in written formats.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on client needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities with a fast-paced environment.
- Schedule flexibility and ability to work extended and/or irregular hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays, if necessary.
- Experience in Hospitality finance is strongly preferred.
- $120k - $125k, 20% bonus, relocation, Temp Housing
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources