Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Director Of Finance
Coserve Global Solutions
Tampa , FL 33601
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Director of Finance is responsible for all financial management requirements for the company. He/she will manage the accounting department, procurement functions and electronic data processing systems, providing the President and COO with accurate and timely information on the status of the companys financial performance. Responsibilities also include cost containment, revenue enhancement, profit improvement opportunities and safeguarding of the companys assets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the company's strategic plan and in collaboration with the executive leadership team.
- Oversight, preparation, and maintenance of regular financial reporting and records; monthly profit and loss forecast and cash flow forecast. Ensure timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial and management reporting.
- Oversee cash, investment and asset management.
- Complete analysis of financial results; develop and direct divisional leadership on strategic and tactical business practices, improvements and recommendations that should stimulate management action.
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of annual budgets and business plans.
- Develop, oversight and maintenance of capital budget planning and execution.
- Manages the staffing of the Accounting, Purchasing, Payroll and IT functions liaising closely with the COO and Human Resources areas.
- Prepares and adheres to approved operational and capital budgets with a consistent approach to financially sound decision making. Establishes and enforces internal cost and labor controls and exhibits the flexibility to adjust to changing financial demands.
- Ensures that the propertys computer systems and software are fully utilized, well safeguarded and properly maintained. Implements future changes/additions to the electronic data processing systems in collaboration with the COO and President.
- Responsible for the oversight of proper procedures and controls for purchasing, receiving,
- Oversees the procedures for cash banks and coordinates the regular and random auditing of banks.
- Ensures that physical inventories of all supplies are being taken on a monthly basis and of all operating equipment on a quarterly basis.
- Oversees the compliance of credit and collection procedures, with particular focus on catering and banquet event processes.
- Checks and approves expenditures and payments via purchase orders and expenditure approval forms in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensures bank account statements are checked on a daily basis and that bank accounts are reconciled each month.
- Follows up to ensure that all receivables are collected within the companys credit periods.
- Supervises the payments for all goods and services on a timely basis. Ensures that all payments are adequately supported by documentation, properly coded and properly authorized.
- Suppliers accounts are reconciled to the companys records on a regular basis.
- All revenue and expenditures are properly recorded in the general ledger and all balances are reconciled on a regular basis.
- Oversee the accounting vendors, practices, systems, function and direct supervision of the accounting team and all 3rd party providers.Coordinate all required audits, filing of tax returns, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Establish maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Reviews all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as final point of escalation and auditing for accounts receivables/accounts payable.
- Manage the company's real estate affairs such as leases, contracts, business licensing and renewals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards of operation.
- Responsible for attending numerous companywide meetings and communicating all relevant information to the accounting team.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College degree in accounting and/or business management. CPA preferred.
- 7 years or more of progressive Accounting experience in the hospitality, restaurant or related industry.
- Proven success overseeing the accounting, procurement, payroll and electronic data processing areas of a full scale operation of twenty million or more.