Director Of Finance
Oakland , CA 94610
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you an experienced non-profit Finance Director who is seeking the stability of full-time employment with the variety and independence of consulting? Our client provides fractional CFO and outsourced accounting services to Bay Area nonprofit organizations, mostly nonprofits with budgets in the $1M-$5M range. Our client currently serves over two dozen nonprofits, and is steadly growing. They are seeking qualified and experienced non-profit Finance Directors to join them in both full-time and part-time roles.
- Maintain effective accounting and finance operations, , including A/P, A/R, cash flow, investments, monthly/quarterly/annual close of accounting, and financial records.
- Collaborate with senior management in strategic planning work and on all fiscal matters.
- Develop and maintain effective financial/accounting policies, processes, and internal controls in accordance with applicable laws and GAAP.
- Lead and oversee annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director
- Provide regular financial updates, analyses, forecasts, and reports as needed
- Manage the annual audit process. Coordinate with external auditors (including grant audits as required.
- Communicate in a regular, clear, timely way and collaborate effectively with the Executive Director, Finance Committee of the Board.
- Ensure all annual filings are done accurately and on time.
- Oversee payroll processing.
- May manage and direct the work of others (staff accountants, bookkeepers, and/or payroll processor) as required.
- May manage HR administration or insurance relationships to ensure effective partnerships.
Key requirements for this role:
- Must have have at least 2 years experience in accounting management in a non-profit organization.
- Must have excellent knowledge and experience with fund accounting and non-profit GAAP.
- Experience managing all aspects of finance/accounting function.
- Successful experience working with Board Finance Committees and Boards of Directors, and external auditors.
- Ability to work in a fully remote environment, and readiness to work in the non-profit offices as needed post-COVID-19.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent organization, planning, delegation and follow-through skills.
- Clear and effective communication skills when working with people at all organizational levels, and with high or low levels of financial acumen.
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, or relevant field is preferred. MS/MBA/MPA is a plus. CPA or CMA is a plus
- Local applicants only.
Note:All work is being performed remotely due to COVID-19.About Us:
Castlerock Consulting provides Executive Search and HR services to non-profit organizations. Learn more about us at www.castlerockhr.com