Director Of Emergency Services (Rn) - Sign/On Bonus!
Kore Healthcare Recruitment
Gainesville , FL 32605
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Position:Director of Emergency ServicesLocation:
Gainesville, FLPosition Type:
Full-time, permanent positionSalary:
Based on your experienceSign/On Bonus:YesRelocation Assistance: YesBenefits:Yes World Class comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401-K with Company Match up to 9%!
- (ESPP) Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Paid Family Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Programs
- Flex Spending Account
- Employee Discount Programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Identity Theft Protection Discount
- Auto, Home and Pet Insurance options
510-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center. We also have 3 full-service, 24/7 Freestanding Emergency Rooms. The hospital is proud to have one of the leading Stroke programs in our system and provides advanced cardiovascular services, including the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) procedure. Hospital is known for having the shortest wait time of all emergency facilities in the area and specializes in cardiovascular care, oncology, wound therapy, and more.Department:
Emergency Services MAIN ERUnit:
- Sees about 150 patients a day
- 38 beds
- 2 nurse managers
- Not a Trauma facility
Vice-President of Emergency ServicesJOB DESCRIPTION
The Director of Emergency Services Department assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department.Major Responsibilities:
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
- Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence-based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Is responsible for departments operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organizations financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
Supports System by
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic external networks.
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- Practicing and adhering to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN), Required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field, Preferred
- Active FL RN License (or compact/multistate)
- PALS or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC)
WHY WORK FOR US?Together,
- 3+ years of experience in emergency services, Required
- 3+ years of experience in a Leadership role, Preferred
- OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Strong ER Manager level in large hospital will be considered, otherwise, candidates need DIRECTOR LEVEL ER experience
- Experience in large facility, Required
- Experienced rebuilding a team-change management/ culture shift, Ideal
- Knowledge of human resource management, program development, fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards, Preferred
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.We offer:
- Security and stability from working with Americas leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.