Director Of Discipleship For Age-Level Ministries
First United Methodist Church
Union City , TN 38281
Posted 2 months ago
Director of Discipleship for Age-Level Ministries
Union City, Tennessee (TN), United States 38261
~~Director of Discipleship for Age-Level Ministries
Purpose: To serve the cause of Christ and His church by developing a broad-based ministry of discipleship and spiritual growth for children (infant to grade 5) youth (grades 5-12), and adults (age 18+) that will nurture and develop them in all aspects of the Christian faith and will assist them in growing into faithful Disciples of Jesus Christ. This is accomplished by creating an atmosphere of servant leadership and giving guidance to all programmatic, organizational, and relational aspects of discipleship for Children, Youth and Adults.
- demonstrates faith and practices that reflect Christian experience and commitment.
(Must be in harmony with the doctrines and standards of the United Methodist Church.)
- possess an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ that demonstrates a commitment to servant leadership.
- able to develop caring relationships with people of all ages.
- a self-starter who has leadership skills, can prioritize tasks, and multi-task.
- possess strong computer skills, is proficient with Microsoft Office, and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- experience working effectively with volunteers.
- bachelor's degree in Christian Education or related field experience.
- one to three years in Christian Education, working with children, youth, and adults.
- a background or experience in music and/or drama is helpful but not required.
- accountable to Senior Minister and Staff/Parish Relations Team
- develop a broad-based ministry of discipleship for age-level ministries making certain Ministry Team Leaders are identified,
invited, nurtured, and resourced to serve in that capacity.
- organize, develop, nurture and work with Ministry Teams in evaluating and/or creating discipleship goals and objectives
for of all ages.
- develop new opportunities for children, youth, and adults to grow in their faith and relationship with Christ.
- identify, invite, nurture, and resource individuals to serve as leaders/facilitators of all discipleship opportunities,
(i.e. Sunday School, small groups both on and off site, seasonal discipleship and fellowship opportunities for Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, Lent, Easter, and Pentecost)
- assist in the selection and evaluation of curriculum for all age-level discipleship opportunities.
(i.e. Sunday school, small groups studies, Wednesday Night Together, long and short-term classes)
- order needed curriculum and resources for all discipleship settings, small groups, Sunday school, etc. for all ages.
- create a functioning Adult Ministry Team for the purpose of developing a broad-based ministry of discipleship and
fellowship for adults ages 18 and beyond.
- in conjunction with the Adult Ministry Team, identify, invite, nurture, and resource individuals to serve as Team Leaders for intergenerational all-church events/ministries. These include but are not limited to: -church-wide picnic, church-wide spiritual growth retreat, 5th Sunday potlucks, annual Easter "Resurrection" Breakfast, Wednesday Night Together, Senior Adult Ministries, all current and future discipleship opportunities.
- insure all children and youth milestones are implemented annually.
- oversee a weekly Children's Moment, connecting it to the season, service theme, or sermon topic, as appropriate.
- oversee the Acolyte program in conjunction with the Sr. Pastor.
- assist Ministry Teams in the design and implementation of a large annual community/spiritual growth event, placing an emphasis on including families in our immediate community, as well as the families of First Friends/Parent's Day Out.
- create and adhere to annual budgets for all age-level ministries (children, youth, adults)
- assure the implementation of current Safe Sanctuary Policy, including working with the Business Office in obtaining limited
criminal background checks and appropriate releases for all volunteers.
- provide updates, announcements, and promotion of ministries for the newsletter, website, Wednesday Night Together,
Facebook and any other means of promotion.
- identify, invite, nurture and resource individuals to keep all bulletin boards fresh and up to date.
- supervise paid nursery staff, and director of youth ministries.
- serve as a liaison on the First Friends and PDO Board.
- serve as primary staff liaison with United Methodist Women.
- attend weekly worship, all scheduled and called staff meetings, Ministry Team meetings for Children, Youth, and Adults, Church Council Meetings, and other church-wide team meetings as requested by the senior pastor.
Employment Status: Full-time (salaried) Reports To: Pastor