Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Development Director is responsible for planning and implementing a program to identify, cultivate and solicit donors with the ability to make major annual gifts, endowment gifts, special project gifts and planned gifts directed to the mission of Grinnell Regional Medical Center (GRMC). The Director should have a proven track record in securing major gifts and charitable planned giving, and have shown significant growth in these areas at his/her former employers.Essential Functions and
- History of the understanding, appreciation and support for charitable causes.
- Appreciation of the charitable mission of todays hospitals and healthcare.
- Appreciation for and ability to relate to diverse , groups and individuals.
- Ability to plan, budget, implement, and evaluate GRMC Foundation programs.
- Appreciation for traditions and heritage of GRMC.
- Maintain a portfolio of active names.
- Organize major and annual gifts, endowments and cultivation programs of major donors using a variety of methods including personal visits, involving other staff, administration, board members and friends.
- Identify prospective planned giving prospects within the major gift prospects, and work cooperatively with the CEO in cultivating and securing planned gifts.
- Plan appropriate stewardship programs for major donors.
- Participate as a full member of the GRMC Foundation team in planning, organizing and coordinating annual fundraising activities and events.
- Attendance at evening and weekend events as needed.
- Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Integrates and demonstrates FOCUS values and Expectations for Personal and Service Excellence to guide professional behaviors, while adhering to the policies and procedures of GRMC.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to others views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Practice reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 3 - 5 years experience in a related area of charitable philanthropic work (including major gifts experience) or sales/marketing background of similar tenure.
- Excellent verbal and written skills including experience with e-mail, fundraising software, and digital communication.
- Experience in organizing, recording and retrieving important data and facts, including web based sources.
- Basic understanding of, or interest in, laws and regulations regarding charitable giving.
- Ability to function as a recognized leader within a diverse team of individuals at GRMC.
- Proven track record of interacting with and securing major gifts from individual and corporate donors.
- Knowledge of developing and securing grants from foundations and corporations.
- Experience in developing and successfully implementing a major gift plan for GRMC, including the building of endowment funds as part of those plans.