Director Of Development At Boys & Girls Club
Long Beach , CA 90810
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Boys & Girls Clubs of Carsons Mission:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson offers our young people a safe environment where they can have fun and be themselves around dedicated adult mentors who respect and listen to them. Outcome-based programs empower youth to become lifelong learners.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Carsons fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, and Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson with the community.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Must embrace the mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a self-starter and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit follow through on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelors degree required, MA a plus.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
Once an offer has been made, a background check, live scan and drug screening are required.
- Sick Time
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement plan