Director Of Design
New Haven , CT 06501
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who is IMPACT
IMPACT is a digital sales and marketing company focused on educating and training business leaders with a growth mindset. Through our digital marketing agency services, events, online publication, training programs and virtual community, we empower businesses and their leadership teams with the education, tools, training and support needed to take their careers, and their companies, to the next level.
In addition to creating amazing experiences for our clients, we are also committed to making IMPACT a great place to work for our people. To do this, we only accept proven and emerging leaders who love the digital space and helping companies grow, are always willing to put the team first, and have never backed down from a challenge, no matter how great. Does this sound like you?
Who are we looking for?
We're currently seeking a proven Director of Design to lead our web design team. We typically build websites for small to mid-sized businesses that typically range from $15,000 to $75,000 in total cost. As the Director of Design, you will lead a team of 3-4 designers. Working alongside the Website Team Lead, you will develop and maintain the creative strategy and style for all agency-produced websites.
- Lead the design team that delivers web designs for all agency website projects.
- Drive a sense of urgency in the team to deliver work, emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques to more rapidly deliver work.
- Lead, inspire and motivate designers ensuring their growth and success while delivering compelling, consistent, on-brand design solutions.
- Stay current on design trends, innovations, and technological developments.
- Receives direction from the Web Team Lead, but is expected to bring ideas and present solutions to issues independently.
- Ability to build a highly efficient, highly effective team of the best creative and support talent available, including being instrumental in all the hiring, training and developmental aspects of your team.
- Guide a collaborative approach to design that supports the strategic implementation of the client's brand on their website. Evolve these ideas and concepts into compelling visual solutions, then presenting those ideas, design rationale, and detail to team members and executives.
- Lead and mentor a team of designers ensuring all work supports client strategies.
- Manage and coach a team of talented designers while still executing on your own design work.
- Continually drive and evolve brand standards for the design of our websites.
- Develop strategies for new mobile and website functionality, efficiency and programs, and actively contribute to planning conversations and decision about functionality, new programs, and design.
- Must have a proven track record of leading a team of designers that did award-winning work.
- Must have a proven web design process that leads to amazing work and a great client experience.
- Must have a strong understanding of all web design best practices, including UX and SEO.
- Must be a continuous learner.
- A minimum of 5 years of extensive and increasingly responsible graphic design experience in an agency, specifically including website design.
- Must have experience in an agile, rapidly changing environment.
- Formal training or experience in design, usability, human-computer interaction and/or media production preferred.
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible experience in staff management preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and solid working knowledge of CSS, HTML, Photoshop, and Sketch.
- Excellent knowledge of optimizing web graphics and page structure for best site performance.
- Strong graphic design and typography skills.
- Experience in marketing budgeting and outsourced creative vendor management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Alignment with our core values of passion, helpfulness, and dependability (IMPACT's Culture Code)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Coverage
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Free Books
- Unlimited Vacation
- Paid 8-Week Parental Leave
- Bonus Program