Role: Director of Client Experience
We are growing rapidly and would like to invite a Director of Client Experience to join our team to help us exceed the expectations of our government law enforcement customers and make a significant impact on our company and our support operations. Reporting to the Director of Program Management, you're passionate about providing a phenomenal support experience to all of our end users. This includes continuing to build and leading, supervising and mentoring our Support and Configuration Specialists (Tier 1) and our Implementation Engineers (Tier 2), handling technical, complex or sensitive support issues and continuing to build the tools, processes and documentation needed to best support our clients and enable the small but mighty team. Additionally, you'll be a major architect, as part of our broader Implementation and Operations team, of our longer-term strategy for our customer support and implementation functions and will own the continuous iteration to continue improving and evolving our support and configuration operations.
This role will also oversee the implementations of our standard out of the box customer configurations with a keen eye towards fine-tuning our configuration process so that we can launch standard customers quickly and efficiently while exceeding their expectations for speed and ease.
Some challenges you'll tackle:
- Build and manage systems that deliver services aligning with SLA adherence and an eye towards efficiency and user experience
- Work closely with Implementation, Product and Engineering teams on customer needs and new product developments.
- Recruit and train new reports
- Ensure customers receive consistent and reliable service and support during each interaction.
- Ensure clarity around priorities and goals for the entire portion of support
- Ensure support documentation is helpful, up to date and accessible in a meaningful format
- Communicate goal results and key performance indicators to direct reports and drive your teams towards success
- Manage escalations and coordinate resolution efforts with key stakeholders (internal and external) by working cross-functionally to ensure issue ownership, action items, and communications get fulfilled.
- Handle difficult or escalated customer issues with diplomacy and tact, ensuring issues are resolved in an effective, professional, and timely manner.
- Have experience working at a high growth start-up
- Have 7+ years experience in a technical support role
- Have excellent communication and technical communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have exceptional time management skills
- Have passion for leading and working with others and having a role in the professional growth of others
- Be able to be decisive and take action in any situation, and know when to escalate
- Be familiar with popular help desk software and ticketing messaging systems
- Be an effective leader and team player with a high level of initiative and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Be able to thrive in a fast paced, start-up environment
- Be able to learn complex systems quickly and have an understanding of standard system integrations
- Experience working with or managing a customer support vendor highly preferred