Director Of Community Relations
Senior Living Residences
Braintree , MA 02184
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Senior Living Residences (SLR) is seeking a full time Director of Community Relations to support one of our assisted living communities. SLR, an industry leader, manages and operates assisted living and memory support communities across New England.
SLR is acclaimed for its forward-thinking, pace setting innovations in the world of senior care that include the renowned Compass Memory Support Program, the award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program and the stigma-shattering Dementia Friendly Communities Initiative that is quickly spreading across our area. We are committed to working and partnering with like-minded people which has led to our long-standing affiliations with other ground-breaking organizations including the Boston University Alzheimers Disease Center and Oldways, Health Through Heritage, creators of the Mediterranean Diet Pyramid.
Known amongst our peers as the Right Values Company, SLR communities are guided by our core beliefs in resident quality of life, integrity, innovation, discovery and valued associates. We are proud of the environment we have cultivated that encourages all associates' ideas and feedback in an effort to better our programming, operations and, of course, care for our residents.
We offer a culture of constant-learning and constant-improvement, always striving to set higher standards. In addition, our associates appreciate access to professional education as well as a competitive salary and benefits package that includes paid time off and holidays, retirement option with company match and various insurance benefits.
- Find, prospect and track leads
- Plan and achieve individual weekly goals for lead contacts, presentation appointments and closings
- Achieve and exceed community goals for sales, move-ins, and high occupancy
- Maintain regular contact with existing prospects
- Respond to requests for information and marketing materials in a timely manner
- Secure final sales commitments from prospective residents and/or their families
- Ensure continued commitment and smooth transitions for the residents from the sales process through to the move-in process
- Clearly articulate to visitors, potential residents and professionals what the community offers and why the communities and their programs are unique
- Present the communities' products and services to prospective residents and families, professional referral sources and area visitors
- Become an authority and resource to families on appropriate senior care options and services available in the community at large
- Become a recognized community resource relating to dementia care and Alzheimers Disease, in part by fully participating in SLRs Dementia Friendly Initiative providing dementia trainings internally and for the outside community.
- Conduct other presentations, including SLRs Brain Healthy Cooking CEU program for various audiences as part of the outreach effort
- Plan and host community special events and professional marketing events
- Analyze the market area to identify and monitor changes in competition, new construction, pricing, amenities and incentives being used
- Work with SLR corporate marketing team to develop marketing plans that include monthly goals, message focus, public relations, outreach, events, advertising and e-marketing campaigns to achieve/exceed occupancy goals
- Utilize established SLR marketing tools and programs to generate leads
- Must be an experienced sales professional, where relationship-building skills (listening, understanding, helping to identify appropriate solutions, and closing) have been proven
- Experience is preferred in senior housing or health services, to assure understanding of independent and assisted living products, and overall continuum-of-care services for seniors
- Proactive, organized, timely and appropriately persistent in pursuing leads and follow-up; ability to generate referrals
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and in person with potential customers, influencers, residents, families and the general public
- Excellent listening skills, and ability to understand and empathize with seniors and their families in a sensitive, supportive, caring manner
- Ability to make persuasive presentations and persist in trying to define and overcome resistance of qualified prospects
- Have confidence that is based in part on self-esteem as a salesperson, and product knowledge
- Ability to make a large volume of cold calls by phone daily
- Positive attitude, energetic, and enthusiastic
- Goal-oriented, with a desire to achieve and surpass objectives and be rewarded for same
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends and help with other responsibilities as may be required
- Project a professional, credible, compassionate image, both in an intellectual and physical manner
- Must be comfortable with computer and digital technology and be willing to become proficient in the systems used for lead-tracking, correspondence, and conducting presentations in the community and offsite
- Leadership skills with the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment and promote a culture of teamwork, cooperation, enthusiasm, customer service, and an atmosphere conducive to growth