Director Of Banquets
Inn At Perry Cabin
Saint Michaels , MD 21663
Posted 6 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Inn at Perry Cabin is a beautiful 78 room luxury hotel, located on the Miles River in St. Michaels, Maryland that features world-class amenities for play, relaxation and exploration. Tucked along a private corner of the Chesapeake Bay, on more than 20 acres of manicured lawns along the Miles River, the Inn at Perry Cabins nautical charm and casual elegance inspire a genuine sense of escape. It is just moments by foot, bicycle, car and boat from the historic town of Saint Michaels, putting some of the regions best shopping, antiquing, tasting and hunting right at your fingertips.
The Inn at Perry Cabin is a storybook setting for both intimate weddings to large events, and we offer a variety of unique spaces indoor and outside. For more information please visit www.innatperrycabin.com
We are seeking an experienced Banquet Director to manage all aspects of the banquet function while maintaining the highest possible standards of service for our guests.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required:
- Previous experience as a banquet manager in a similar sized resort, and similar service standards, or assistant banquet manager of larger luxury/upscale resort property. Progressive management experience of at least two years.
- Experience scheduling, payroll, forecasting and budgeting
- Experience with establishing par levels for food supplies, linen and equipment
- Proven professionalism with meeting planners, display calm demeanor under high volume, fast paced situations while maintaining detail orientation
- Knowledge of all room sets and various food food service styles: russian, butler, flambe, etc.
- Basic AV knowledge
- Organized, able to manage time sensitive tasks and responsibilities, effective team building and conflict resolution.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are preferred:
- Knowledge of state and local liquor laws
- Tips certified
- Experience and knowledge of restaurant and culinary operations is helpful
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce
As a full time Manager, the following benefits are offered:
- Low cost health benefits with HRA and Flexible spending accounts, 1st of the month following 60 days.
- 401k with company match
- Paid holidays, paid PTO and paid vacation
- Free short term disability coverage, free life insuarance coverage with buy up options
- Free shift meals, free parking on site
- Team member discounts and travel perks with Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
- Cell phone allowance