Director Of Acquisition, Marketing
Portland , OR 97201
Posted 1 week ago
Who We Are:
Barre3 is a fitness company with a revolutionary vision: to redefine what success in fitness means. Profiled for disrupting the industry in major media outlets such as How I Built This, Fast Company, Forbes, and Time, we have flipped the focus of fitness from attaining an imagined ideal driven by societal standards to being balanced in body and empowered from withina radical shift that helps people create healthy relationships with their bodies and minds.
The foundation of our companyand the key to achieving our visionis the barre3 class, a full-body balanced workout combining strength conditioning, cardio, and mindfulness. Taught in our 160+ studios across the U.S. and Canada and on our online platform, which has a streaming-subscriber base in 98+ countries, our class reaches hundreds of thousands of people. Launched just over 11 years ago, barre3 has already become one of the largest franchisors in the industry and has grown into a matrix organization with distinct and thriving units, including franchise, digital, retail, and retreat experience.
Youre an experienced growth marketer with a proven ability to transform conversion rates, identify and develop new acquisition strategies, and partner with cross-functional teams to unlock the potential to grow a digital-subscription business.
Through a strategic and data-driven mindset and an ability to quickly connect the dots, youve had continued success in living at the intersection of marketing and product within fast-paced digitally focused growing organizations.You bring your unique voice and will help Barre3 see opportunities we may be missing.
At barre3, you will drive the marketing strategy and growth initiatives focused on acquisition and improving CPA performance and conversion rates. As the growth-marketing lead focused on the digital business, you will work cross-functionally with Marketing, Creative, Digital, Product, Data & Analytics, and Technology teams to create and optimize cross-channel funnels, campaigns, acquisition, and retention tactics that attract high-intent audiences, drive acquisition, and exceed the digital business forecast.This is an ideal role for a mission-driven and growth-oriented leader.
Essential Job Functions
*Below are traditional elements of the position but Barre3 is open to candidates who have a combination of skills to achieve these essential job functions.
In partnership with the CMO, VP of Product, Director of Marketing, and Director of Digital Products, Sr. Brand and Content Marketing Manager, and with successful partnership with the greater digital, marketing and creative teams, and agencies, you will unlock the potential for exponential growth of the digital business in the following ways:
Develop, manage, and optimize all performance marketing and acquisition growth strategies to exceed targets for the digital business, including:
- Own all aspects of performance marketing; develop strategies and plans to near-term new customer acquisition, and build a foundation for exponential growth
- Monitor all acquisition marketing performance and financial implications, provide budget and forecasting recommendations, and determine how to use resources to execute team goals and deadlines against budget
- Work in close partnership with Director of Marketing to create, execute, and launch acquisition efforts that work in concert with our digital retention strategy
- Partner closely with creative, social, content, and tech teams to test and improve advertising, content, creative, copy, audience targeting, and website performance to attract targeted audience and improve conversion rates
- Oversee, develop, and optimize acquisition and growth across all digital advertising channels, including but not limited to: search, social, display, video, influencers, affiliate through a collaborative partnership with our digital agencies and in-house marketing and creative teams
- Oversee performance, strategy, and evolution of unearned acquisition strategies and partner with with existing marketing and creative team members to unlock potential of storytelling
- Identify, test, measure, and optimize channels in order to grow revenue while exceeding digital acquisition targets through strong management of key marketing and advertising KPIS, including but not limited to: brand awareness, quality traffic, CPA, and conversion rate
- Lead and optimize landing page strategy, website call-to-actions, and lead-generation forms to increase and build our funnel of high-intent audience and increase conversion
- Contribute to website development with a highly technical approach around analytics and testing strategy
- Create, execute, and refine testing roadmaps that directly address conversion goals and challenges (ex: revenue, up-sells, sign-ups, engagement)
Concept, develop, and launch innovative and ongoing growth tactics in partnership with the Digital and Product teams:
- Create, champion, and continually evolve a data-driven and market-informed marketing strategy that includes recommendations of needed products, promotions, and services to remain competitive and reach digital business goals
- Partner with the Product and Digital team to identify, prioritize, and advocate for new or improved products and experience features based on competitive benchmarks, industry trends, marketing performance, usage analysis, and customer feedback that will lead to increased acquisition and conversion
- Serve as the digital-marketing thought-leader, and continue to move the brand forward through the research and recommendation of emerging and disruptive marketing strategies and opportunities
- Develop, plan, and execute the promotional acquisition strategy, including budget forecast and ROI modeling that surpasses acquisition, CPA, and LTV goals and works in concert with digital retention strategy and digital product launches
Be a key leader on the marketing team by contributing to the ongoing evolution and innovation of our company-wide marketing practices through data-driven approach and implementation of new best practices:
- In partnership with the CMO, Director of Marketing, Sr. Brand and Marketing Manager, develop the annual marketing plan that exceeds digital business goals
- Contribute and improve our existing data and analytics structure and reporting processes to deepen our understanding of existing audience and opportunities for growth
- Provide ongoing sophisticated and insightful recommendations through reporting and analysis of marketing performance and consumer-insight research
- Identify, synthesize, and rapidly respond to actionable insights on the marketing performance related to the digital business
- Create the process, systems, playbooks, and workflows that enable the team and agencies to grow into a scaled function with measurable positive impact on the digital business
- Track projects, manage marketing and creative timelines, and facilitate the day-to-day operations
- Manage a large piece of the marketing budget while being holistic and resourceful in your approach
Compensation and Remote Work
Competitive compensation+ total rewards package. This position can be done remotely with the ability to travel on occasion as needed.
BIPOC, People of color, People from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ are encouraged to apply. We believe that these communities and identities must be centered in the work we do.
- Proven experience leading, building, and scaling growth-marketing strategies and teams
- Proven ability to significantly grow digital subscribers through influencer and storytelling
- Proven ability to move messages and projects forward
- Understanding of the fitness and consumer brand landscape, married with a strong curiosity to continue to learn
- Comprehensive understanding of the digital-subscription market landscape through a marketing, product, and competitor lens
- A passion for delivering data-based recommendations for quantifiable improvements in business results and consumer satisfaction
- Extensive experience with digital marketing in a mission-driven brand environment
- Extensive experience with BI, marketing, and media processes, tools, and KPIs
- Extensive experience with analytics tools and disciplines (web, eCom, social, mobile, sentiment, paid media, SEO, SEM, CRM, SQL, SCV, propensity modeling, etc.).
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a senior growth-marketing role and/or a senior role within a growth team at a consumer-centric company
- Minimum of 5 years of either marketing agency experience or in-house management of third-party vendors. Comfortable managing competing priorities, contract negotiations, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years managing marketing budget with full reporting, modeling and ROI responsibilities
- Minimum of 3 years managing and mentoring teams
BenefitsComprehensive Benefit Package - Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, Life and 401KGenerous PTO package + paid holidaysComplimentary studio membership for you and your partner, which includes unlimited barre3 classes in-studio and online40% off barre3 retail productsFlexible work schedule allows for a healthy work-life balanceMission drive and values-oriented company