Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Director Of Accounting And Finance
Southwest Accounting Resources, Inc
Scottsdale , Arizona 85260
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Successful start-up is looking to add an Director of Accounting and Finance to their staff. This position will report to the President of the Company and will have three to six direct reports. The position is truly a hybrid of Accounting and Finance! This is a very hands on position and for someone that wants to dig in!
The ideal candidate is someone with 10 -15 years of total experience (mix of public and industry) that is wanting to grow become CFO of a rapidly growing company.
In this position you will lead the finance and accounting team in a variety of functions including accounting, financial reporting, budget & forecast preparation and the development of internal control policies and procedures. You will also play a pivotal role in company growth and develop dashboards and KPIs, analyze new business segments and develop the financial infrastructure for accelerated growth.Job Requirements and Duties:
Background Required to be successful in this positio
- Lead day-to-day accounting team and functions including cash management, accounts payable, cash disbursements, inventory, fixed asset records, and G/L.
- Manage the monthly and annual close for a multi-unit retailer in an accurate, efficient and timely manner in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee the issuance of timely financial performance reports and analysis on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Implement and lead the annual budgeting process for a multi-unit company.
- Design and implement effective internal controls and processes to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting, integrity of data, and safeguarding of assets.
- Develop accounting staff through coaching and encouragement.
- Prepare packages for and coordinate with the companys private equity investors; assist with resource requirements, cash flow models and business segment analysis including products, services, private label and online.
- Manage third party lending relationships including detailed covenant compliance and effective lender communication.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop, and implement process changes to increase efficiencies and streamline accounting processes.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA highly preferred
- 5 - 15 years of Accounting and Finance experience
- 2 - 5 years experience in a leadership roll
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong experience in cashflow management, banking and treasury
- Outstanding analytical reporting skills
- Strong comfort working with ERP and accounting systems
- Proven ability to coach and train direct reports
- Strong desire for leadership opportunities and career advancement
For immediate consideration email your resume in a Word.Doc to Thyra at email@example.com