Director Of 3Rd Party Development, Game Publishing
Roswell , GA 30075
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our client is actively looking for a new Director of Publishing focused on publishing 3rd party games for an awesome company in Roswell, GA in their publishing division. The company is an independent development and publishing company with popular franchises focused on Console and PC games. With killer games developed both internally and published, they have solidified their spot as one of the brightest rising stars in the gaming industry.
- Reporting directly to the CEO you will be charged with leading and executing the vision of growing Companys Presents into a top tier publisher by finding excellent games made by great developers, and embodying relational publishing - putting relationships first and deals second, and forming partnerships where both parties succeed together.
- In collaboration with the CEO, develop a successful strategy for the Companys Presents publishing division; breaking the mold for how game publishing is done.
- Lead and collaborate with a cross discipline team of developers to provide consultation and mentoring to developers which will help them make better games.
- Ensure that Company Presents games achieve success metrics, including quality, unit sales, and review score targets, by maintaining a great relationship and open communication with the developer while leading on defining strategies and priorities for the internal publishing team.
- Lead on acquiring great new games to publish in collaboration with the business development and publishing team, including finding new games to evaluate, forming relationships with developers, and managing the greenlight process.
- Make sure the games we publish are fun! You will be leading a great and experienced team, so listen to them, work with them, and guide them to accomplish this goal. In particular working with the Game Directors and Design Consultants you will ensure that the published games have great design, onboarding, UX and a high potential for success.
- Manage the Presents publishing budget to hit ROI targets and apply wise utilization of resources.
- Interface with business development and marketing to ensure Presents titles get great deals, including digital and retail, and everyone knows when a Presents game is coming out!
- Develop, grow, and maintain relationships with key partners on the platform end (Steam, Microsoft, Sony, Epic, etc), on the hardware end (Nvidia, Intel, AMD, etc), and in the industry.
- Analyze publishing processes alongside the publishing team while maintaining a constant eye for improving and optimizing Presents. Always be thinking about how we can be more efficient, be better partners, grow more successful, and give the teams a great quality of life.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years game industry experience.
- Shipped 3+ game titles.
- Relevant experience in publishing and game development.
- Passion for video games and game development, and an in-depth knowledge of games and the industry.
- Possess a keen ability to accurately see the potential in games early in development.
- 5+ years experience managing teams and mentoring staff.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including an excellent ability to build consensus and resolve conflicts with members of external or internal teams.
- Detail and results oriented, with the ability to handle potentially stressful situations.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience managing budgets and delivering targeted results.
- A strong desire to innovate, to break the mold, to go beyond the status quo.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field.
Preference to applicants with:
- Product acquisition experience.
- Extensive hands on game development experience in either art, design, or engineering.
- Profit Share
- Medical, Dental, & Vision 100% of premiums for the family covered
- Up to 35 days of PTO
- 16 paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- 401k Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Hours
- Employee & Family Team Building Events
- Volunteer Days