Requisition Number: 28855 Job Title:
DIRECTOR (FUNCTIONAL AREA) Working Title:
Director, Lake Arrowhead Salary: Salary commensurate with skills, knowledge and experience. Job Type:
Career Department Name: 3187-LAKE ARROWHEAD CONFERENCE CENTER Department Website URL: http://lakearrowheadconferencecenter.ucla.edu/ Job Summary Statement: The Director of the UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center and Bruin Woods Family Resort reports to the Assistant Vice Chancellor Housing & Hospitality Services. Located approximately 100 miles from campus in the San Bernardino Mountains, the site is part of a popular resort area and consists of 50 acres, 34 buildings, and numerous recreational facilities. Lake Arrowhead operates on an $8 million operating budget, employs approximately 45 FTE year round in both union and non-union positions.
The Director oversees successful operation of two distinct enterprises:
The first is the BRUIN WOODS Family Resort, which operates from mid-June to September providing week-long recreational and educational programs for some 820 alumni families. BRUIN WOODS employs approximately 200 FTE, including approximately 54 full time UCLA student counselors. The Director oversees program creation, recruitment, marketing, and alumni outreach.
The second is the Lake Arrowhead Conference Center, which operates from September to mid-June, providing conference services to more than 300 conferences, comprising over 30,000 occupancy nights. The Director oversees operations, recruitment, marketing, sales, and meeting planner interaction.
The Director ensures that team members throughout the organization have the core competencies required to complete assigned tasks and that both human and financial resources are allocated strategically to meet campus and individual department goals and objectives. Must be well versed in the full range of human resource issues, including union contracts, compensation, hiring practices, performance appraisals, progressive disciplinary processes, grievance processes, risk management and motivational techniques. Percentage of Time: 100 Shift Start: variable Shift End: variable Qualifications for Position
22 Records Qualifications Required/Preferred
1.Demonstrated ability to manage a complex, full-service conference center, hotel or resort, including demonstrated skill in high level food service production and service, marketing and sales, facility care, housekeeping, audio visual, and personnel management.
2.Demonstrated skill in managing fiscal, human and capital resources.
3.Skill in recognizing long-range objectives based on documented strategic and tactical planning.
4.Demonstrated record of successful planning, budgeting, financial analysis, and fiscal management, including skill in budget preparation, analysis, and controlling cost of multiple, multi-million dollar budgets.
5.Demonstrated knowledge of financial long-term planning which allows for growth and change to physical inventory.
6.Demonstrated skill in leadership and management of senior level managers and line team members.
7.Working knowledge of organizational development in a large, mulit-faceted organization, to include assessment, training, and performance management.
8.Working knowledge of applying a performance scorecard system to a large organization.
Can be trained
9.Skill and knowledge in developing and implementing employee development programs for large, complex operations exceeding 100 employees.
10. Written and oral communication skills sufficient to articulate strategic planning documents and reports.
11. Excellent analytical skills to organize data and material to draw appropriate conclusions and make recommendations for solution.
12. Strong customer service and employee satisfaction orientation.
13. Demonstrated excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
14. Ability to quickly establish rapport, professional credibility and cooperative working relationships among all levels of the organization and campus.
15. Ability to structure, sequence and prioritize work while dealing with multiple deadlines, changing priorities and frequent interruptions.
16. Ability to work independently, be proactive, and deal with ambiquity.
17. Ability to be politically astute and to achieve consensus, collaboration and garner support among multiple factors with diverse and at times conflicting needs.
18. Skill in negotiating and exchanging ideas with others to formulate policies and programs and to arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions or solutions.
19. Demonstrated skills in overseeing renovation and construction projects.
20. Experience working or managing a family camp.
21. Ability to develop and maintain positive community relationships particularly with important entities such as the Lake Arrowhead Association, Fire Department, Sheriff's Department, LACC Water District, Forest Service, Chamber of Commerce, Mountain Bruins, and Rotary Club.
22. Alumni Relations and Donor Engagement
Preferred Additional Posting InformationBargaining Unit: 99-Policy Covered Application Deadline: 11-04-2018 External Posting Date: Quicklink To Posting: hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=74351 Special Instructions: UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center located 100 miles east of the UCLA campus in the San Bernardino Mountains.
The target salary range for this position is between the posted minimum and $130,000 annually, dependent on relevant work experience.
At UCLA Housing & Hospitality Services (H&HS), you become part of UCLA's tradition of excellence by providing quality housing, dining, and hospitality services to student-residents, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
We believe there's more to a job than simply being employed. In addition to competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and retirement plans, H&HS team members enjoy significant opportunities for professional and personal growth in a supportive work environment.
No matter what your role, you will join more than 2,600+ H&HS team members who understand that our motto Hospitality First! means that a warm, gracious attitude makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve. Contact information:
Number of Positions: 1 Special EmploymentDesignations/Requirements Per UC PolicyConflict of Interest: N/A Critical: Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
Driving Record: Position is subject to the California DMV's "Pull Notice System" and continued employment is contingent upon proof of a satisfactory driving record. E-Verify Check:
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information No Response CANRA:
Return to Search Results
University Of California