Under the direction of the departmental AVP, plans, organizes and directs the staff and activities as well as optimizing the use of technology solutions in support of the strategic plan and the needs of patients, the physicians/clinicians and the community. Must have expertise with healthcare technology as it pertains to deployments, integration, application add-ons, enhancements, and optimization. As a key leader, the Director will work with senior leaders at the facilities & Corporate IT to build relationships with key stakeholder, promote departmental optimization, and build adoption of solutions that facilitate meeting the goals and objectives of the enterprise.
1.Develops and monitors strategic operating goals, objectives and budget; and reports operational performance, justification and/or corrective action.
2.Develops and oversees financial management including budget, salary, capital, and revenue projections. Oversees the successful completion of all IT Capital approved and funded projects.
3.Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports; and oversees the development, management and evaluation of indirect reports.
4.Builds and maintains productive inter/intra departmental and vendor work relationships to optimize operations.
5.Oversees compliance with government and agency regulations.
6.Ensures adequate scheduling and assigns responsibilities to ensure an equitable distribution of work.
7.Establishes leadership level relationships at the sites and with corporate IT departments. Collaborates with enterprise leadership and the IS technical teams to prioritize and coordinate requests.
8.Communicates Information Technology's vision, goals and objectives, and the value add related to the execution and implementation of information system solutions.
9.Promotes adoption of key strategic IT solutions in support of the strategic plan and the needs of patients, the physicians/clinicians and the community.
10. Analyzes key business initiatives and information needs that support, influences and transforms the business operations and strategy.
11. Works closely with Senior IT management to ensure that the plan is aligned with the Enterprise plan. Provides leadership and management in order to execute on the agreed strategy.
12. Provides leadership in defining the process, and the service levels delivered to the facilities. Ensures that the operational service levels are accurate and are meeting the needs of the sites.
13. Works with the business sponsor and other key members of the OCIO to define the ROI and projected post implementation review and analysis, ensuring that cost effective investments have been made.
14. Performs related duties, as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Informatics, Business Administration, Healthcare or related field, required. Master's Degree, preferred.
Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible Information experience in a leadership role in healthcare environment, required. Must include a proven track record of delivering quality results, in providing solutions that facilitate improving patient care, patient/customer satisfaction, and or operational efficiencies and excellence.
Vast experience (as a healthcare technologist and/or healthcare technologist super-user) in a large complex environment strongly preferred.
Knowledge and experience in Healthcare and Information Services, with an understanding of healthcare business needs and healthcare application.