Director - Entertainment And Enrichment (Based In Miami)
Miami , FL
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Silversea is the defining name in luxurious cruise travel by distinguishing itself in the ultra-luxury market with its elegant, all-suite ships, all-inclusive pricing, worldwide itineraries and genuine hospitality. We are proud of our reputation as the "World's Best" cruise line and seek individuals who take personal pride in their work to join our award-winning team.
The Director of Entertainment and Enrichment has full responsibility for Entertainment onboard. This position is responsible for delivering a consistent high standard of unique entertainment to our guests.
- Primary contact for Entertainment concessionaire companies i.e. negotiation and agreement of contracts for production shows, guest entertainers, guest lecturers, broadcasting and TV programming
- Overall management of all permanent onboard team i.e. Cruise Directors, entertainment staff, resident cast and musicians
- Talent acquisition and planning for key entertainment positions onboard and shoreside
- Responsible for ensuring sufficient entertainment equipment onboard. Managing LES inventories and ensuring the maintenance and care of this equipment
- Keen involvement and participation in dry dock and new build projects ensuring LES standards and CAD drawings review
- Role Model for direct reports and all employees; encompassing the Silversea brand in all actions and constantly striving to achieve Silversea company objectives
- Inspirational leadership of an efficient Entertainment and Enrichment Department
- Build effective working relationships with all key stakeholders e.g. Hotel Operations team, Marketing, HR and Crewing, Procurement, Port Operations & Shore Concierge
- Specific focus on the working relationship with the Marketing team, especially in relation to charters and incentives
- Continuous innovation and development in all areas of Entertainment and Enrichment
- Accurate and company focused management of Entertainment budgeting (CAPEX & OPEX) and planning
- Analysis of Guest Satisfaction data, enforcement of corrective action and a drive for continuous improvement in this area
- Achieving business results as per company objectives and KPIs set by VP Hotel Ops
- Continuous monitoring and development of human resource requirements i.e. required manning, positions and functions of the Entertainment Operation
- All other required activities to ensure a successful Global Entertainment offering
Relevant Entertainment Degree or equivalent qualification
Years of experience:
- Minimum 2 years Director Level experience working in Entertainment, preferably in the Luxury Cruise industry or Luxury/Premium Hotel industry
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior position.
Essential qualifications and skills:
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office functions including Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Proficiency in Budget planning
- Excellent leadership, management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to tactfully deal with internal and external contacts
- Self-motivated and driven to deliver company goals
- Up to date knowledge of the Entertainment industry and trends
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to comply with the Companys mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which requires all employees who work from the Companys offices or whose job duties require them to travel to the Companys U.S. offices, ships, and/or private destinations be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a reasonable accommodation is granted exempting them from vaccination for medical or religious reasons.