Director, Financial Accounting & Advisory Services
Centri Business Consulting, LLC
Philadelphia , PA 19019
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Director has primary responsibility for executing Financial Reporting, Technical Accounting Research and SOX engagement work plans. The Director has direct, client-facing engagement responsibilities. Serving as a current and future leader of the firm, the Director demonstrates the attributes of excellent client service and assists team members in developing technical and professional competency. As a director with the firm, it is also essential that you have a strong desire to build and maintain a book of business. In this position you will be trained on what it takes to be successful in business development.
The Director of Financial Accounting & Advisory's Responsibilities :
- Preparing and reviewing financial statements and technical accounting positions papers as well as other required pre-audit support materials.
- Reviewing, documenting, evaluating and testing controls in a wide range of environments.
- Communicating control strengths and weaknesses to the clients and developing effective solutions.
- Preparing and issue financial statements and related footnote disclosures resulting from restatements, acquisitions, carve-outs, divestments in line with US GAAP, and IFRS guidelines
- Preparing process documentation for SOX, carve-outs, spin-offs, accounting close, and periodic audits
- Ensure timely completion of assigned engagement phases.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships.
- Apply understanding of Centri policies.
- Develop understanding of engagement requirements and clients business.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance or Business Related Field) required.
- 15 years + in public accounting or public/private combination.
- Experience with public companies.
- CPA is required.
- Detailed knowledge of current accounting and auditing principals. (GAAP, IFRS, GAAS, etc)
- Technical Accounting expert.
- Understanding of internal control concepts including the COSO framework.
- Knowledge of auditing processes and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance.
- Interpersonal skills to interact in team environment and foster client relationships.
- Strong written communication skills including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Advancement Opportunities (we promote on talent, not tenure!)
- Leadership and Learning & Development Opportunities
- Internal CPE training and seminars
- Flex Work Life Balance
- Great Benefits and Vacation Package