Director, Finance Business Continuity Planning, Operating Metrics & Service Delivery
Bristol Myers Squibb
Princeton , NJ 08544
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Assume leadership of the Finance business continuity strategy. This includes working with the GFS leadership team and other Finance leaders to define the critical service elements and risk factors that require a business continuity plan. Be responsible for updating and regularly testing the key elements of business continuity plan and remediating any failures. Ensure awareness of the business continuity plans and status of testing for Finance Leaders.
- Contract Management Subject Matter Expert
- Responsible for managing changes to the Third Party contracts and SOWs for R2R services. Provide commercial input and business case support to Head of GFS on larger contract changes or those that may have a global impact. Assess, track and communicate to Head of GFS any contract changes with a financial impact.
Quarterly Business Review At the end of each financial quarter, convene the leaders of R2R Operations, R2R GPO, Third Party Service Provider (SP), Company Controller, Head of GFS, Head of BCF and any other relevant parties to review key topics pertinent to the performance in the past Quarter. Responsible for identifying the topics of highest value and partnering with others to build/present materials which will include, but not limited to, the following areas of this role's oversight responsibilities:
- Review and approve the monthly resource volumes that are reported by Third Party and hold them accountable to contractual commitments. Research variances requiring further analysis or support and understand impacts to the contract. Review and validate work effort indicators.
Quality & Costs
- Work with Third Party and R2R GPO to identify opportunities for continuous improvement to increase quality and improve performance. Own the process of Problem Management to ensure scrutiny of errors and control failures, to ensure good coordination between Operations, GPO and BCF on a timely basis. Rigorously manage service SLA's and leverage performance metrics to identify opportunities to ensure delivery to expected standards and where appropriate, to drive down overall costs. In particular, seek to limit exclusions from Third Party SLA's. Support Regional Operations Directors in encouraging a continuous improvement environment and providing a Global perspective.
- Use strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills to foster good working relationships, challenge and drive positive change among Operations Centers, Global Process Owners and Third Party services that can be leveraged in the day to day responsibilities of this position.
Compliance Ensure that GFS and Third Party service provider are compliant as it relates to SOX, interim reviews of work instructions, problem management, record retention requirements, support of contract audits and staff training as required for their role.
Budgeting and Projections Provide relevant insights to Finance for the budget and projection process related to the Third Party contracts. Ensure invoicing by Third Party service is conforming to agreements.
- Drive the quarterly planning required for discretionary services with the Operations and communicate to Third Party. Govern the discretionary services work by understanding utilization versus available capacity and identifying areas for further utilization of these services.
Special Projects Lead and/or support special projects as assigned.
Contract and Performance Governance for the Record to Report (R2R) service within GFS
Creation and maintenance of a standard Governance Operating Model and the monitoring and review of performance for end to end R2R and Order to Cash (O2C) processes
Business Continuity Planning for the Finance function