Job ID: 64333
Area of Interest: Management
Location: Baltimore, MD US
Hours of Work: TBD
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Not Indicated
What You Will Do:
The Director of CSP will manage day to day operations of sterile processing across all shifts. Primary contact of multi-site activities including material requirements, personnel management, technical direction, maintenance within standards applicable to CSP.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1.Supervises Central Sterile Processing Department staff ensuring maximum productivity and effectiveness. Responsible for staffing, evaluating work performance and corrective action as appropriate in accordance with established policies.
2.Schedules staff coverage for multi-site service areas. Matches workload and technical requirements of each work center with available worker skill sets. Monitors activities on a 24 hour/7 day week basis to ensure adequate work flow and to allow for rapid adjustments as indicated ensuring rapid response.
3.Performs performance evaluations of assigned CSP employees according to UMMC policies and procedures.
4.Ensures staff are oriented and trained to meet competencies established within the department and hospital mandatory requirements.
5.Supervises all decontamination and sterilization processing producing results in conformance with regulatory requirements and UMMC and departmental goals and objectives.
6.Ensures timeliness of instrumentation turnover, coordinates with OR with regard to instrument replacement, functionality and set completeness.
7.Ensures all CSP patient care equipment and distribution equipment is properly maintained; ensures that all department processing equipment is operating as required.
8.Assures appropriate record keeping and record retention processes.
9.Responsible for adequate and timely delivery of instrumentation from CSP to patient care areas including and, primarily all UMMC operating rooms, and for maintaining proper inventory levels to meet user demands.
10. Monitors and ensures daily operational compliance with the standards governing sterile processing activities
11. Oversees CSP Quality Coordinator efforts which incorporates standards into a comprehensive developmental quality assurance program.
12. Oversees work of CSP Educator to monitor staff training program. Ensures all staff are knowledgeable as to applicable standards, procedures and safety requirements.
13. Keeps current with trends and advances in methods of sterile processing by attending training sessions or professional forums and/or reading health care literature.
14. Monitors the performance and operation of the multi-site work locations during the evening, night and weekend hours.
15. Develops and/or revises department operating policies and procedures; responsible for keeping departmental policies current to satisfy hospital and regulatory agency requirements.
What You Need to Be Successful:
1.Bachelor's Degree in a health care related discipline or Systems Engineering or related field is required.
2.Certified in Sterile Processing from a recognized association including but not limited to; International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM) or National Institute for the Certification of Healthcare Sterile Processing and Distribution Personnel (NICHSPDP).
3.Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience in operating room and/or central sterile processing required.
4.Previous experience with Six Sigma, Lean or other related process improvement programs is preferred,
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The University Of Maryland Medical System