Director, Accounting Advisory
Centri Business Consulting, LLC
Boston , MA 02108
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
As a Director in Accounting Advisory, you will provide various accounting advisory services including, but not limited to, IPO and M&A Readiness, CFO Advisory, SEC Compliance & Financial Reporting, Transaction Advisory, Technical Accounting Research & Position Papers, and addressing the need for continuous improvement and optimization of the finance and accounting functions. In addition, the ideal candidate has a strong desire to build and maintain a book of business.To succeed in this role, you should also have strong coaching and team management skills, as well as the desire to mentor staff.
- Delegate the preparation of the financial statements and technical accounting position papers to the engagement team members for both public and private companies, as well as other required support materials.
- Independently research and oversee the research by team members of complex accounting topics, to evaluate potential solutions and provide guidance to the team on next steps.
- Review accounting memos, financial statements, and other client deliverables prepared by engagement team members, ensuring general accounting standards are applied appropriately. Provide detailed review comments to preparer(s).
- Independently provide conclusions and recommendations on application of complex accounting guidance to clients and external parties, as requested by the client.
- Independently facilitate calls with the SEC, client auditors, client legal counsel, etc. as deemed necessary to accomplish project goals.
- Assist engagement partners in developing budget plans, communicate those budgets to the engagement team and monitor team progress.
- Take ownership of the engagement while managing upward and downward expectations to ensure deadlines are met and project stays on budget.
- Lead multiple engagement teams simultaneously to further the Firms goals and objectives.
- Timely completion of project schedules ensuring the appropriate amount of resources are dedicated to individual projects. Continuous monitoring of resource allocation to avoid over-scheduling individual team members.
- Ensure timely completion of periodic invoices of projects. Manage engagement profit margin through client invoice process ensuring expectations are aligned between client and internal team.
- Accepts responsibility for billable hours and remains productive in times of reduced client workload. Acts as a business owner to maximize productivity, while being critical of hours charged.
- Maintain strong and up-to date knowledge of US GAAP, with deep technical understanding of topics such as ASC 606 revenue recognition, lease transactions, purchase accounting, etc. and the professional services model as well.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance or Business Related Field) required.
- 12+ years of relative accounting experience; public accounting or professional services experience highly preferred.
- Experience with public companies.
- CPA is required.
- Strong working knowledge/expertise with any of the following:
- Preparation of SEC filings including Form 10-K, 10-Q, S-1 and 8-K/A
- Addressing SEC Comment Letters
- Technical Accounting Research & Position Papers
- IPO Readiness & Reporting
- Carve-out Financial Reporting
- Have an understanding of the services offered by the Firm, look for opportunities to represent the Firm, grow the client base and increase brand recognition.
- Successful record of directing and deploying staff and senior associates on multiple, simultaneous engagements
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel skills.
- Excellent Growth Opportunities; i.e: path to Partner
- Training and Development Opportunities; i.e.: in depth coaching and training on what it takes to be successful in business development.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k + Match)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
This position is an exempt position as it relates to the fair labor standards Act. Centri provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.