Direct Support Professional
Tampa, FL 33613
Full-timeSalary:$10.00 to $10.60 /hour
Hillsborough County Developmental Center (HCDC), a 64-bed residential center for adults with intellectual developmental disabilities is seekingDirect Support Professionals(DSP). We work in a home setting where we provide training and support and improve the quality of life for our residents.
Pay: $10.00 an hour, or more, based on experience.
6:00 am- 2:30 pm: Full Time, Part Time
2:00 pm- 10:30 pm:
10:30 pm- 6:30 am: Full Time, Part Time
· Valid Florida driver's license
· Safe driving record
· Successful drug test
· Successful Level II background screening
· Provide support and assistance to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
· Assist in monitoring the health and safety of residents
· Report and responds to changes in the health or behavioral status of residents immediately
· Assist in areas of life skills training: personal care, home management, meal planning, shopping and health maintenance
· Implement behavioral management and individual support plans
· Report any changes in health or behavioral status immediately
· Assist with ensuring that each resident is offered a choice and creative activities within a positive environment
· Go on community outings as part of providing support for individuals
· Promote and practice teamwork through respectful interactions with other staff
· Paid on-the-job training
· Group health insurance, voluntary dental and vision plans available for full-time staff.
· Vacation days, sick days, 6 paid holidays and 1 personal day
· 401(k) retirement plan available for full-time employees after 1 year
HCDC provides quality services, life skills training and a family-style living environment in which individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities can establish independent, rewarding lifestyles. In this job you will be able to show your skills and compassion while building close relationships with the individuals you support.
HCDC is a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and complies with all EEO regulations.
We are a part of the Pensacola Care,Inc. family of developmental centers. Please learn more about us at www.pensacolacare.org
Hillsborough County Development Center