Direct Support Professional (Dsp): In Home Supports, Bethlehem
Bethlehem , PA 18015
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Access Services is seeking caring and patient Direct Support Professionals to join our In Home Supports team on a full time or part time schedule, in Bethlehem, PA!
As a Direct Support Professional, you will have the opportunity to provide supports to adults with developmental disabilities/Autism who desire to continue living in a home environment for as long as possible. Your daily actions as a Direct Support Professional will enable each individual to flourish in their desired home context, maintain or increase their independence, and live their best lives. Your goal is to provide the highest quality care for each individual. Paid training is provided by Access Services, so no experience is necessary.
- Direct Support Professionals will assist individuals with developmental intellectual disabilities in the region where you serve. You will provide creative support through a variety of tasks, activities and/or community engagement. You may provide direct services to individuals in their own homes or in their natural family homes.
- Direct Support Professionals will provide supports as outlined in the individuals plan of care utilizing approved interventions. This includes safe crisis management techniques, emotional support, and positive reinforcement.
- Direct Support Professionals will maintain appropriate case notes for the individuals served.
- Direct Support Professionals will engage in supervision, training, and professional development.
- Must have a valid drivers license, two years of driving experience, a reliable vehicle, and proof of car insurance
Compensation and schedule for 2022:
- Starting at $15.50/hour, with increases based on education and experience.
- Full and part-time positions are available, with schedules built around your availability and based on client needs.
- All employees: Mileage reimbursement and paid travel time between worksites; Discounts on various services, gyms & retail shopping; Referral bonuses, Employee Assistance Program
- 20+ hours/week: Paid time off; Tuition reimbursement
- 30+ hours/week: 20 days of PTO; 9 paid holidays, 401K, Health/Vision/Dental insurance; Health Savings Account; Life/Disability insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Assistance
Why work for Access Services?
We offer an inclusive, supportive work environment with opportunities for professional development, career growth and a team that truly cares about the work they do, the people they support and their team members.
Access Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required and do not restrict managements rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.