Direct Support Professional
Community Integrated Services, Inc.
Spokane , WA 99201
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Assist individuals in accordance with the Individual Instruction Support Plan (IISP) and Positive Behavioral Support Plan (PBSP) for the purpose of developing and improving basic life skills and ensuring safety. Foster self-reliance and independent living for individuals receiving services.
CIS looking for employees to provide these services to adults with developmental disabilities and challenging behaviors in the home/community. Our programs assist them with financial stability, life skills development, employment, and decreased behavioral incident
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides support to the individual to ensure objectives are met in accordance with the IISP.
- May be required to coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as light housekeeping and meal preparation, yard maintenance, packing and moving the furniture of individuals receiving services.
- Must arrange and schedule medical, dental and/or psychological/psychiatric appointments for individuals in care.
- Must provide transportation and accompany individuals receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments – via personal vehicle, bus, etc.
- Maintains daily progress notes and any other appropriate documentation in accordance with CIS policy, program standards or other regulatory policies.
- Paid Training and 75-hour certification
- Employee assistance plan. Generous medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits in addition to supplemental Colonial insurance following 60 days of full time employment.
- Stellar employees are also provided additional incentives on a regular basis.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Good verbal and written communication skills are a must!
- Reliable transportation (since driving clients is required)
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Current auto insurance and registration
- Ability to pass a background check