My name is Tawonda Cook an Independent Talent Advisor with Relode. We are currently looking to hire Direct Care Worker have provided the job details below; please review the description and let me know your interest. Request you to send me your updated resume along with your expected rate details if interested.
Required skills & experience (the 6 “Must Haves” to be considered)
1. 6+ months of Healthcare/Direct Care related experience
2. HS Diploma or GED equivalent
2. Active Driver's License (motor vehicle report will be run - clean record needed)
3. Willingness to complete TB/Physical, Background Check + FBI Clearance report
4. Ability work closely with patients and keep their welfare at forefront of all decisions
5. Ability to provide (3 Professional References)
What you need to know
• One of largest behavioral health providers in the country
• Hard-work ethic is a great fit for this position
• Growth Opportunity - room to expand within organization
• Team player - understanding that flexibility is needed in this position
• Culture fit – passionate about the impact they are making for their patients
All positions are 6-month contract-to-hire. If the candidate does well in their position, it is highly likely they will transition into a FTE position w/ the client.
Additional Job Details:
Hourly Rate: $11.50-$13/50/ hour (6-month Contract-to-hire)
• They can pay up to $13.50/hr (while on Contract)
• Once the convert to FTE with Full Benefits the pay is $12.50/hr
Day Program: Monday thru Friday from 8am-4pm or 7:30am – 3:30pm
*Dependent upon if the staff member will be providing transportation for consumers*
All other shifts are dependent upon the need for each residential home and can change week to week.
Direct Care Worker / Residential Programs
• A person in this position is responsible for giving direct client care to the individuals who reside in residential programs and intermediate care facilities. Work assignments are varied in nature and are performed under the supervision of the site or facility supervisor.
The following job duties involve physical movements such as lifting, stooping, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, and reaching:
• Participates in the development and implementation of the Individual Program Plans which require work activities in the home or community with single or multiple residents who are ambulatory and non-ambulatory.
• Ensures that each resident participates in social/leisure/recreational activities based on individualized plans which require work activities in the home or community with single or multiple residents who are ambulatory and non-ambulatory.
• Provides social, emotional, and environmental supports to insure the happiness, health, and safety of the residents; requires the use of Crisis Prevention Intervention techniques including de-escalation techniques as outlined in the Behavior Support Plan and/or Restrictive Procedure Plans; physical interventions are required where client/staff safety is impacted.
• Provides support to residents in activities of daily living such as personal/oral hygiene and appropriate dress; requires the transfer of non-ambulatory residents.
• Performs household duties and assists/supervises the residents in performing household duties to insure that the residents and facility are clean, safe, and secure at all times. Duties include such household tasks as vacuuming; sweeping; dusting; loading/emptying dishwasher; stocking groceries; cleaning appliances, countertops, and tables; making beds; doing laundry; and snow removal.
• Coordinates and schedules specialized services for the residents; transports and accompanies consumers to medical, vision, dental appointments, speech therapy, and psychotherapy sessions; provides follow-up information to site or facility supervisor; these tasks require the operation of vehicles such as minivans, larger multi-passenger vans, and vans with lifting apparatus for non-ambulatory consumers; insures that ambulatory and non-ambulatory passengers in wheelchairs are properly secured; insures that vehicle is free from snow and ice in winter driving.
• Assists supervisor in the training of new staff to ensure continuity of training in the supervisor’s absence.
The following job duties require fine motor skills to write neat, legible notes:
• Prepares and completes required documentation in compliance with State regulations, company standards, and the policy and procedure manuals; insures accurate accounting of household funds, consumer funds, and medical, historical, and daily information.
• Dispenses medication prescribed for the residents by strictly following the medication administration procedures for administering and charting of medicines.
The following job duties do not require physical capabilities for performance:
• Participates in the development of the pre-assessment and assessment processes.
• Encourages the residents in the acquisition of skills to achieve a greater level of independence.
• Openly communicates with other service providers for the well being of the residents.
• Participates in required training sessions and meetings.
• Reports concerns of programmatic or resident issues to the Program Specialist.
• Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to develop and maintain a positive and understanding attitude toward the residents.
• Ability to make sound judgments regarding the health and welfare of the residents.
• Ability to respond to emergency situations appropriately.
• Ability to work as a member of a team cooperatively and ethically to ensure that the residential home or facility is a safe, happy, and clean environment.
• Ability to express oneself clearly orally and in writing and to follow instruction and direction in the performing of job tasks.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, families, and others who are essential for the wellbeing of the residents.
• Ability to learn and comprehend behavior management and program planning principles and applicable safety and health measures.
• Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license with good driving record. A high school graduate or possession of a general equivalency diploma is required.