Urbana Country Club
Urbana , IL 61801
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Responsible for providing food and beverage service to Members/Guest ensuring satisfaction, Member retention, and coordinating with the other Club departments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintaining UCC service standards and expectations
- Preparing for guests by cleaning and setting tables
- Setting up any seasonal decorations, candles, or table cloths
- Greeting patrons, and if needed, escorting guests to tables
- Assisting guests by providing menus; keeping menus clean and presentable
- Serving water to guests and refilling beverage glasses as needed
- Placing and replacing silverware as needed
- Delivering beverages from the bartender
- Stocking wait staff serving stations with napkins, utensils, trays, condiments, and salt and pepper containers
- Removing guests dirty dishes and utensils
- Delivering used dishes and utensils to the kitchen for cleaning
- Assisting dishwashers to scrape, stack, or load dishes into dishwasher as needed
- Vacuuming, sweeping, or mopping dining room
- Removing trash and recycling; replacing trash bags
- Cleaning up guest spills as needed
- Directing guests to restrooms or exits as needed
- Clearing table as guests complete their meals and preparing tables for next guests
- Following and maintaining all sanitation and safety procedures
- Performing closing activities such as cleaning chairs and tables, stacking chairs, preparing stations for morning shift
- Additional duties may include assisting kitchen staff with preparing ingredients and cleaning kitchen surfaces
- Accurately execute Member/guest orders and requests in a timely fashion.
- Know Members names and greet them promptly in a manner to provide a warm welcome and making them feel at home.
- Assist fellow Club Ambassadors, maintaining a team environment and participating as a member of the team.
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
- Responsible for the completion of additional duties as assigned periodically by Club Leadership
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last minute requests as needed.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club's operation, it may be necessary that each Club Ambassador performs a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Ambassadors are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assuring others are acting safely.
- Responsible for attendance at all Service Training Meetings as requested.
- Follow all service department, club and corporate guidelines and policies as instructed by supervisor, policies and manuals.
- Attendance at daily line-up and participating as requested.
- Wearing a clean and neat uniform that follows UCC uniform standards daily.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
WORK EXPERIENCE: Previous F&B experience preferred
EDUCATION: High School Diploma preferred
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Excellent communication skills and articulate speech. Ability to follow instructions well
WORKING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENT: Indoors and in some cases, outdoors
UCC is a drug and alcohol free workplace