Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Shelby Charter Township , MI 48315
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Shelby Charter Township, MI 48315
Automotive Part Manufacturing Plastics/Resins/Composites
Direct Hire Full Time
Excellent Salary + BenefitsDescription:
The Dimensional Engineer will implement and shape the strategy for integrating dimensional engineering practices into our engineering, product development, manufacturing, fit and finish requirements of the vehicles, parts and assemblies and quality processes.Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate Dimensional Engineering best practices
- Continuously improve & develop a proactive dimensional quality control system to effectively address and control product quality and cost of production.
- Create Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing detail drawings in accordance with ASME Y14.5
- Actively support program specific datum coordination on current and future products.
- Perform statistical analysis using variation simulation software.
- Designate Key Product Characteristics (KPC's) and/or Significant/Critical characteristics
- Actively engage in meeting and validating dimensional characteristics/geometry from concept through prototype, pilot, and launch to improve product quality.
- Analyze and monitor dimensional data and body accuracy of BIW to identify source of problems and improve the measurement systems.
- Implement engineering solutions for quality problems while maintaining operation efficiency.
- Develop and support benchmarking activities
- Train fellow engineers by providing technical direction on datum, GD&T, etc
- Signoff on part datum features, fixturing scheme, and inspection points to deliver built-in quality and best-in-class fit, feel, and finish.
- Develop a gaging (Gage R&R) strategy for every part and assembly and guide all dimensional jigs and fixtures.
- Assure gage matches GD&T and complete gage documentation.
- Complete RSS studies, fixed and floating fastener calculations, and clearance calculations.
- Work with Quality Engineers to source gages and initiate purchase orders
- B.S. in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or similar.
- Minimum of 3+ years of automotive plastic/resin part manufacturing and/or quality experience.
- Knowledge of automotive quality systems (or similar), GD&T and model based-inspection methods, inspection fixture and gage design, 3D scanning methods, 2D/3D variation analysis.
- Excellent understanding of GD&T and ability to create datum strategies that minimize tolerance stack-up in critical areas.
- Strong mechanical intuition and extensive hands on experience modifying tooling, fixtures, etc.
- Good understanding of BOMs, manufacturability, process design, process validation, assembly methods, design reviews and cost reduction methodologies.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Experienced with CAD design software, Variation Analysis, and Statistical software.
- Experienced using measurement tools for root cause diagnostics.
- Strong understanding of statistics to identify critical process parameters Preferred
- Basic knowledge of statistics and process control (SPC) in a manufacturing environment