Digital Managing Editor / Web Content Manager - Teachervision
FEN Learning / Storyarc Media
Boston , MA 02210
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Do you love teachers and education? We do! We are looking for a Digital Managing Editor /Web Content Manager for our TeacherVision business. Our Digital Managing Editor is responsible for the day-to-day online editorial production of TeacherVision and working with our content partners. This is a full-time position in our Boston office.
TeacherVision is one of the most trusted and preferred destination for educators, drawing ~40% of K12 teachers on web and social each month. TeacherVision has 20k premium curated resources from top education providers that help teachers manage their classrooms and engage their students.
- Plan and manage the daily workflow and scheduling of digital content and maintain the editorial calendar. Determine topics to schedule, including opportunities for new topics or content areas to bring to the site. Manage the publishing or changing of content on the site.
- Manage content partners and the placement and promotion of their content across TeacherVision. Identify and enlist new content partners for new content that will appeal to our teacher audience.
- Edit and proofread articles, blog posts, and other written pieces. Correspond with writers and freelances throughout the editing/production process.
- Coordinate with the marketing team to optimize content for SEO and social channels. Produce descriptions and metacontent to wrap around sourced and partner content to make it discoverable and enticing to the teacher audience.
- Occasionally create digitally native content such as infographics, videos, and images.
- Monitor and report on web analytics; use data and metrics to inform and guide editorial priorities, focus, and format.
- Stay abreast of the teacher and education space. Follow trends and hot topics for K12 teachers and learn about teacher needs, interests and preferences.
- Work with leadership team to propose revenue-generating enhancements and products; conceive new editorial products based on teacher needs and market insights.
- At least 5 years of digital / online content production experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years of previous experience working in the day-to-day production of content for a web site
- Strong proficiency with digital/web publishing and an understanding of basic SEO practices; experience using at least one CMS
- Experience working with content partners and with sourcing writers or freelance content producers.
- Exceptional editorial and writing skills with very high English proficiency
- Good process and project management skills
- Some experience with web analytics and comfort with analyzing data to optimize content and support editorial decisions
- A bachelors degree or equivalent experience
We are looking for someone who is:
- able to handle a fast-paced environment and to prioritize across multiple activities.
- flexible and can adjust to data and changing priorities when needed
- a good problem solver
- extremely organized and able to work independently
Preferred / plus:
- Knowledge of the U.S. K12 education market
- Understanding of K12 teachers (great if you have any teaching experience!)
- Some technical experience with basic HTML and Adobe Creative Suite
We offer a competitive benefits package, including health/dental insurance, 401k with company match, paid time off and stock options.