Digital Design Engineer
New York , NY 10007
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Digital Design Engineer
Performs a variety of engineering tasks for the definition, design, and test of digital systems and circuitry used in medical imaging products. Responsibilities include working with other engineering disciplines, and transitioning prototype designs to manufacturing.
- Plans, and performs engineering research, design development or manufacturing engineering assignments for new products and for sustaining existing products.
- Perform circuit analysis including high speed digital and low power circuit design. Participate in testing and integration tasks. Develop models, simulate and verify designs, fabricate prototypes, and test hardware solutions.
- Coordinates and supervises technicians assigned to projects.
- Interface with PCB designer to insure schematics are correctly implemented in printed circuit board layout.
- Work to enhance the performance of existing circuits, subsystems, and products.
- Work with other development team members, participate in design reviews, support integration and test efforts, evaluate product performance, and perform tolerance analysis.
- Interface with manufacturing engineers in the design and validation of test equipment.
- Create and maintain accurate and detailed design files.
- Supplies technical advice and counsel to other professionals.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering required and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience related electrical engineering experience.
Years and Type of Experience:
- Digital circuit design experience required: Complex, high speed circuit design experience that includes programmable logic devices (PLDs, FPGA), microprocessors, DSP and or ARM processors is required.
- Design entry experience with both schematic capture and hardware design languages with fluency in simulation programs.
- Hands-on experience with VHDL code design, simulation and testing is required.
- Experience using development tools is required.
- Working experience with Vivado or Diamond is a plus.
- Hand-on experience debugging board and system level circuitry in the laboratory using oscilloscope, digital logic analyzer and other lab equipment is required.
- Experience designing for EMC/EMI regulatory compliance and supporting regulatory testing is preferred.