Digital Art Director
Portland , OR 97201
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
WHO WE ARE: Barre3 is a fitness company comprised of 130+ studios around the globe; 300+ streamable online workouts; wellness retreats held throughout the year; a thriving digital magazine; and thoughtfully curated retail products. Through fostering a culture of good health, barre3 is a community where every individual can feel balanced in body and empowered from within.
The Digital Art Director is an integral part of the Creative and Digital Product teams, and is responsible for creating website and product designs that blend aesthetics, brand, and seamless functionality. The Digital Art Director will work on the website as well as barre3s digital subscription product. The Digital Art Director will concept and execute digital design systems in partnership with the UX/UI lead and the design team. The Digital Art Director knows the best practices of web and product design and will own the final user facing digital visual design for barre3.
This person is passionate about how design can be used to elevate and humanize digital experiences to best serve the users. Also the Digital Art Director must be able to think strategically and systematically so that future updates are easily accommodated into the flexible system they have created.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES other duties as assigned
- Owns and delivers the vision for the design systems used across barre3s online experiences.
- Applies the design systems to digital products or the website and hands off final design files with specs to the engineering team.
- Partners with the engineering team to ensure that the final developed experience matches intended designs.
- Partners with the Creative Director and UX lead to create highly organized style guides for barre3.com and for barre3s digital subscription product that will include elements, patterns, components and templates, and implements and updates them regularly. Ensures that the style guides ladder up to the overall barre3 brand guidelines. Continuously audits the website and products for any design inconsistencies.
- Works cross-departmentally to create website visual design assets based off of company needs.
- Collaborates with and takes direction from the Creative Director to deliver a cohesive brand experience across digital products and website. Creates design systems and style guides for barre3s digital products and website. Creates systems that work responsively on different devices and platforms.
- Participates in the creative review process with the design team, ensuring great visual and style guide compliance. Takes direction and constructive feedback.
- Provide final design files for digital products and website projects and features. Maintains high attention to detail and ensures all deliverables meet pixel perfect fidelity.
- Collaborates with the product and engineering teams on visual design concepts.
- Executes visual design assets needed for marketing A/B tests and product user tests.
- Handles multiple projects and deadlines at the same time. Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with coworkers, including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure. Presents and defends designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Has experience / are experts working in the following or similar platforms: Basecamp, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator & InVision.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Bachelors degree in design or a related field of study, and at least 4+ years of digital or visual design experience is required.
- Must possess excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate initiative, self-motivation, adaptability and flexibility.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, attention to detail, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Must display empathy while maintaining firm boundaries.
- Ability to work independently while developing and fostering critical interdepartmental relationships.
BenefitsComprehensive Benefit Package - Medical, Dental, Life and 401KGenerous PTO packageComplimentary studio membership for you and your partner, which includes unlimited barre3 classes in-studio and B3 Online40% off barre3 retail productsWork/life balanceValues-oriented company