Georgetown Behavioral Health Institute
Georgetown , TX 78626
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a full-time Dietary Aide for our facility. The Dietary Aide participates in provision of quality meals and nutritional services to patients, staff and guests.
- Serves meals to all cafeteria customers.
- Cleans work area as necessary or assigned.
- Accepts and reconciles deliveries and puts away stock.
- Assists the cook and dietary supervisor in food preparation.
- Participates in activities which enhance professional growth and development.
- Upholds the Organization's ethics and customer service standards.
Education: High School degree or equivalent preferred.
- Required Licenses: Must obtain a Valid Food Handlers Certificate within 30 days of hire.
- Experience: Two (2) years experience in a kitchen or customer service role helpful, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to concentrate on work amidst distractions such as noise, conversations and foot traffic; must be able to consistently meet deadlines; and finish all food preparation at specified serving time; must be flexible in work hours in order to meet patient and organization operating needs.
- Must maintain self-control in volatile or hostile customer services interactions.
- Must be able to adjust recipes to achieve desired results. Must be able to read and comprehend recipes or instructions on prepackaged products. Ability to read, convert and adjust mathematical measurements for recipe adjustments.
- Must be able to use kitchen equipment such as knives, slicers, mixers and dishwashers; knowledge of the hygiene factors involved in food preparation; knowledge of cleaning products and the appropriate methods of cleaning a variety of surfaces.
- Must be able to work independently, in a result restricted physical environment for extended periods of time.
- Must have ability to perform several tasks concurrently.
- Must have skills in maintaining information as highly confidential.
- Screening: Must successfully pass background check, drug screen, physical and be able to provide positive employment references.
- Physical Demands: With or without reasonable accommodations, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand for sustained period of time, walk, pull, lift, raise and move objects from position to position (up to 50 lbs), finger grasp; feel sizes, shapes, temperatures, and textures; express or exchange ideas orally and potentially loudly, accurately, or quickly; visually detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, assess; perceive the nature of sound with or without correction; perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands, or fingers. Light work most of the time, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently; and occasionally medium work, that is exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the hospital.
If you are among the most competitive and qualified candidates for the job, you will be contacted directly by one of our hiring managers. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries regarding your application status. Good Luck & we hope to meet you soon!
Georgetown Behavioral Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions exclusively on the basis of merit. We prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, company paid disability, 401(k) and a generous amount of paid time off.