S.E. Smith And Sons
Irwindale , CA 91702
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
As a recognized leader in the outdoor power equipment industry, we are looking for an energetic, goal-oriented person who enjoys working as a team. If you are an expert in the field and are seeking personal growth, we want you on our superstar team to support our expansion into new markets. We offer paid holidays, paid vacation, sick time, complimentary refreshments, AFLAC coverage and a great working environment! Experience the excitement of working in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and challenging environment as you work closely with management to build rapport and nurture trust with our customers. As one of our Diesel Mechanics, you will have a vital part in the shop with diagnosing issues, making necessary adjustments, completing repairs on overhaul light, medium, and heavy-duty vehicles.
Monday - Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm excluding overtime and selected Holidays.
- Diagnose and repair light, medium, and heavy-duty vehicles ensuring customer satisfaction, and boost profitability.
- Maintain a clean and organized personal workspace to assist in running a uniform and consist shop.
- Inspect and drive automatic and standard shift vehicles for testing and diagnosing adjustments
- Perform all repairs by following company guidelines, policies, and procedures as well as the manufacturer's troubleshooting techniques to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Observe all safety procedures and industry-related regulations to ensure a protected working environment. Report potentially hazardous situations immediately, and follow manufacturer guidelines when using tools and equipment.
- Complete BIT & DOT Inspections using mandated guidelines
- Various trailer repairs and fabrication including welting if qualified
- Complete routine vehicle tune-ups and maintenance as well as remove and replace parts as needed.
- Provide complete and accurate labor and time estimates for automotive repairs
- Further duties may be assigned
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of the mechanics of diesel engines and truck repair
- Ability to stand, squat, kneel, and lift up to 70lbs
- Hypersensitive to deadlines and detail-oriented in your work.
- Strong in communicative skills with co-workers and management team to ensure work proficiency.
- Previous experience as an automotive technician and/or mechanic.
- Knowledge of diagnostic and repair equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- ASE Certified (not required but a beneficial qualification)
- CLASS A license (not required but a beneficial qualification)
IF INTERESTED PLEASE CALL
Please check out www.sesmithandsons.com for more details about the company.
$18.00 to $40.00 /hour