Diesel Mechanic Helper
Hrx And Compliance, LLC
Tampa , FL 33602
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our client is the number one school bus dealer in the State of Florida. Come join their team and experience a great place to work along with full benefit package and competitive pay. Pay is based upon experience.
Take your diesel mechanic career to the next level and turn your work into a more satisfying, rewarding experience when you become a member of our fantastic team. Self-starting team players fuel our business, and our flourishing, customer-oriented company is the right place for you to grow your career. As a valued and respected member of our shop, you will earn highly competitive pay and benefits you deserve as you utilizing your expert skills in performing PMs and PDI inspections and performing the necessary repairs. Help your team to meet monthly, quarterly and annual bus inspection goals successfully. If you are dedicated, hard-working, and open to new challenges, we want you to join our exceptional crew.
- Inspect vehicle condition after delivery to shop and perform diagnostic tests to identify areas that need repair and offer solutions.
- Complete preventive maintenance schedules, control corrosion, and install replacement components, and conduct test drives to check vehicle performance and tune systems and controls.
- Comply with state and federal specifications by testing safety, combustion, and engine control standards.
- Maintain vehicle appearance by painting, washing, cleaning, and accurately logging vehicle records by documenting services and repairs.
- Operate shop equipment correctly by controlling supplies, following operating instructions, performing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting breakdowns, and asking for repairs.
- Contain costs by utilizing warranties, evaluating service and parts options, and managing supplies by inventorying stock, placing orders accurately, and verifying receipts.
- Keep up to date on industry standards by engaging in educational programs and reading regulation and technical publications.
- Assist the maintenance department in preserving an outstanding reputation by complying with client requests practically, proactively and in a consistently timely manner.
- Perform Pre Delivery Inspections of new buses delivered to the shop.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Valid driver's license
- One or more years of diesel mechanic work or related experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic math and English language skills
- The ability to become a certified school bus inspector for the state of Florida
- Self-starter with autonomy to make critical decisions
- Familiarity with entering and updating simple computer records