Burnco Rock Products
Fort Worth , TX 76118
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
SAFETY. TEAMWORK. CLARITY.
$5,000 Sign On Bonus For New Professional Mechanics!!! Limited Time Only!!
Enjoy Our New 5-Day Work Week Scheduling!!!
BURNCO is looking to add a skilled Diesel Mechanic to our Texas team in East Fort Worth. And for a limited time, we're offering you a $5,000 Sign On Bonus. You're someone who drives change and takes pride in their high-quality workmanship and their ability to get things done effectively and timely. You do great work, you're a great team player and you're ready to earn some fantastic wages supporting one of the industry's top performers. Join a solid team building infrastructure that will be around for generations.
What You Will Be Doing
- Install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, plumbing and electrical systems following specifications, blue prints and manuals
- Perform daily visual inspections of machinery and equipment while diagnosing sounds to determine malfunctions
- Comply with BURNCO policies and local, state, and federal regulations including DOT and company driving requirements
- Communicate timely and effectively with Plant Coordinator and Production Supervisor to inform them about major mechanical problems
- Record service performance through data entry and maintain parts inventory
- Operate mobile equipment when required
- Perform daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on service vehicle which includes fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, and fluid level maintenance
- Service pumps/motors
- Perform welding, repair and fabrication
- May make service calls to other BURNCO plants as needed
- Demonstrate good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedures
- Communicate with co-workers through direct hand signals and a two-way radio
- Assist in the training and orientation of co-workers as needed
- Perform general clean-up of work area and other duties as required
What We Would Like From You
- Good working knowledge of mechanics as related to truck and general maintenance
- Ability to use power tools, welders, cutting torches/chains and various safety devices
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper mechanic/maintenance procedures such as lockout/tag outs and special work permits
- Must be proficient with computer and program systems
- Experience with Allison transmissions, Davie 4 and ESA software a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pass MVR (clean driving record)
- Commercial Drivers License with Class A or B Certification preferred
- Provide own personal tools up to
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- High School Diploma preferred
- 1 year of Truck Mechanic experience required
- Experience with concrete mixers and aggregate haul trucks preferred
- Must be able to diagnose engines, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, transmissions, suspensions and brakes
What's In It For You
In addition to competitive pay, we provide the following benefits:
- $5,000 sign on bonus Limited Time Only!!!
- Excellent Benefits Program including: medical, dental, vision and employee assistance programs
- 4% Company Matching 401k Plan
- Paid Weekly Every Friday - Just Like Clockwork!!!
- Holiday, Vacation, Bereavement, Jury Duty Pay - With No Waiting Periods!
- Voucher for safety boots and glasses each year!
Posting Date: 6/7/2022
Posting Open Until Filled
Since 1912, BURNCO has been supplying aggregate construction materials as a successful, family-run business based in Calgary. Over the last 110 years we have embraced innovative technology and new marketplaces while always maintaining the vision and values that were first introduced by our founder, James F. Burns. Today we continue our unwavering commitment to safety, our renewed focus on family leadership and our steady, dependable growth into the future. We look forward to having you join us on that journey.