Diamond Grader Associate
Gemological Institute Of America
Carlsbad , CA 92008
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Diamond Grader Associate (Day Shift) - We offer a competitive benefits package and professional development opportunities!
Do you like detailed work that emphasizes quality and precision? Are you self-motivated? Do you have the ability to grasp new information quickly? Would you like to receive paid on-the-job training and begin a career grading diamonds at the GIA Laboratory? We are an established company located in Carlsbad, California that offers its employees a competitive benefits package and great educational and developmental opportunities.
The Company: Founded in 1931, GIA is the world’s foremost authority in gemology. An independent, nonprofit organization, GIA protects the public trust in gems and jewelry by providing the education, research, and standards that consumers and the jewelry industry rely on to make informed purchase decisions.
The Job Title: Diamond Grader Associate
In-Person Interviews will be conducted from August 27th through September 21st, 2018.
- Work Hours: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday through Friday
- Hourly Rate: $16.50 per hour
- Start Date: October 8, 2018
- We offer medical, dental and vision coverage and 401-K with company match
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays, tuition assistance, commuter benefits, casual dress code
- Performing the initial examination of diamonds submitted to the GIA Laboratory for Diamond Grading Reports
- Accurate identification and documentation of clarity characteristics on a plot diagram, assigning polish, symmetry, and clarity grades within the GIA Diamond Grading System
- An intensive three (3) month to (6) month training period provides hands-on individualized training incorporating GIA Laboratory policies, procedures, and established guidelines in the documentation of pertinent data for the GIA Laboratory Diamond Grading Report
- Ability to get along with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to work with binocular microscopes and use tweezers
- Detail-minded with good concentration skills
- Proven ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism and feedback
- Basic computer skills required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university with major in Earth Sciences preferred (earth sciences, geology, chemistry, biology, physics)
- One year working experience in a fast paced, independent oriented environment
- We encourage candidates in the following industries to apply: production, food/beverage hospitality, manufacturing, art/media/design, healthcare, and science/biotech
- Must complete GIA Graduate Diamonds Program within 9 months of training start date (company paid)
- Must be available during entire 8 to 12 week training period
*Sponsorship for a work VISA is not available for this position
The Location: Carlsbad, CA
Why Should You Apply?
- Great benefits!
- Reasonable hours that provide work-life balance!
- Professional development opportunities!
- Great educational opportunities!
TO APPLY, COPY/PASTE LINK: