Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Milwaukee , WI 53202
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Position requires knowledge of imaging techniques for all areas of ultrasound: OB/GYN, Abdominal, Small Parts, Breast (site specific) Vascular, OR and Procedure in accordance with ACR guidelines and department specific policies. Provides guidance and instruction for Ultrasound students/residents as applicable to assigned site. Assists with providing 24/7 coverage of the Ultrasound Service with rotating Saturdays, holidays and call coverage. Performs other duties as assigned.
- One year of current clinical experience is preferred.
- Graduate or a student in a program accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), United States Department of Education (USDOE) or Canadian Medical Association (CMA), that specifically conducts programmatic accreditation for diagnostic medical sonography/diagnostic cardiac sonography/vascular technology.
- Currently the only organizations that offer programmatic accreditation under the aforementioned associations are the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Canadian Medical Association (CMA).Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Ultrasound/Sonography is preferred.
- Substantial training and current clinical experience with ARDMS registry will be accepted.
- Newly hired, experienced sonographers must be registry eligible through the ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers).
- Sonographers will be required to be registered in Abdomen (AB), OB/GYN (OB) and Vascular (VT).
- Breast registration required at sites that perform Breast Ultrasound. Each registry not obtained at the time hire will need to be completed every 9 months until all registries are complete.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life support for the Healthcare provider (BLS) or an American Heart Association (AHA) approved equivalent is required within 90 days of hire.
- Failure to meet requirement within specified time frame will result in dismissal