Chesapeake Technology International
Chantilly , VA 20151
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
CTI is seeking a versatile DevOps engineer to join our team to help develop and support our emerging cloud infrastructure and build frameworks. You will build and support the tools that empower an advanced, fast-growing engineering organization.
You will work closely with engineers at all levels of our technology stack. From hardware industrial design and firmware implementation to micro-services and mobile applications, we need candidates with interest in a broad set of technologies.
At CTI you will design and implement scalable, highly available, and secure technology solutions for wide-reaching projects in support of commercial and our military user community goals. You will work with cross-functional teams to launch new services. You will document and design new and update existing DevOps processes.
You will aid our technical and QA teams by providing velocity and stability to the products we produce. Youll become the leader of our systems and the OS/applications running on them. Youll become the driver behind the automated tooling that will help our developers develop and our users complete their missions.
- Develop and mature CI/CD pipelines.
- Provide support for automated deployments.
- Dockerize applications across CTI for build support and deployment.
- Support existing deployments in AWS and Azure and implement more rapid and reliable deployments.
- Identify design gaps in existing cloud deployments and propose/implement solutions.
- Proven track record with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and automating cloud solutions such as Terraform.
- Experience provisioning and configuring cloud native infrastructure
- Experience monitoring, diagnosing, analyzing root cause, and implementing preventative measures to avoid reoccurrence
- Nimble CI/CD approach to application builds and cloud deployments.
- Experienced using shell scripts and CLI utilities for general Linux and some Windows administration.
- Eager to provide technical guidance and education to team members and coworkers on DevOps best practices.
- Expertise in the design and automation of software builds and deployments, ideally with a familiarity of the Java ecosystem.
- Ability to rapidly apply Docker to ease build and deployment.
- A team player with excellent communication skills that is also comfortable working independently.
- Able to balance the day-to-day needs of a large production environment against implementing iterative technology improvements.
- Love to build new things, but realize that maintenance is half the battle.
- Keeps in mind security while maintaining and developing infrastructure and tools. Always thinking of logs, monitors, and alerts.
- Relentless focus on automation and reproducibility. Able to accomplish that with increasingly complex tools (bash, Python, Ansible, etc).
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Must have the ability to travel occasionally, pending COVID19.
Bonus Skills and Qualities
- Experience in an IoT and micro-services environment.
- Experience in configuring and deploying Kubernetes
- Gradle experience.
- Have worked within PCI, HIPPA, NIST, or other compliance specifications.
- Strong experience with Kubernetes, Terraform, and other Hashicorp tools.
- Solid understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, layer 3 and layer 7 load balancing and routing.
- Always following advancement in cloud computing technologies and applications.
- Ability to design and implement edge available and redundant services.
- Leverage network technologies to achieve scale and latency requirements.
- Experience creating scalable infrastructure in a multi-account AWS, Azure, and on-premise.
CTI is a rapidly growing company offering the following:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- H.S.A. (partially funded by CTI) and Flex Spending
- Company-paid life insurance/AD&D and disability insurance
- Optional supplemental life, critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurances
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- 401k plan with Safe Harbor contribution
- Tuition reimbursement/professional training options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance
- Financial Planning Assistance
- Voluntary Pre-Paid Legal
- Flexible schedules with telecommuting options
- Service awards program
CTI is an Equal Opportunity employer and shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.