Canton , OH 44701
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with 5+ years experience to help build out, maintain, troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure, and a passion for Linux and open source technologies along with Linux skills from the CLI.
You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
The DevOps Engineer will:
- Provide day-to-day support of all AWS Cloud servers and server-based applications across the multi-account AWS Cloud enterprise such as, but not limited to, Ubuntu and Windows servers, IIS, PostgreSQL,and Kubernetes (EKS)
- Work with the rest of the IT team to improve the way technology is delivered to the enterprise which includes designing and implementing systems to improve reliability, scalability, security, and performance
- Innovate and think outside the box regarding how Patriot can do things better and faster, particularly in regards to IT infrastructure.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
THE IDEAL PERSON HAS:
- A constant excitement about technology and its impact, and a desire to keep abreast of industry trends while learning and adapting skill sets quickly and accordingly.
- Ability to provide quality customer service and has effective interpersonal communication skills.
- A desire to solve challenging problems, both individually and alongside teammates.
- Great time management skills and is detail oriented.
- Experience creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using tools like GitHub Actions, TeamCity, and Jenkins.
- Experience programming in Bash, PowerShell, Python, Go, C#.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm.
- Experience in a wide range of AWS services including API Gateway, CDK, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Cognito, DynamoDB, EC2, EKS, IAM, Lambda, OpsWorks, S3, SageMaker, Secrets Manager, SNS, and SQS
- Experience in Linux systems administration (configuration, troubleshooting & support).
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting Windows.
We offer competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits, including paid time off after 90 days, medical, dental and vision insurance; Section 125 HSA and FSA accounts; company paid life, short term and long term disability insurance and a 401(k) with company match.
- Wear what makes you comfortable, including sandals, shorts, and hoodies.
- Feel appreciated on employee appreciation days and enjoy impromptu celebrations. Whether you work remote or on location, we like to keep our employees engaged and connected. It could be anything from free lunch, a corn hole tournament, to a celebration of National Popcorn Day, or a chair massage. The surprises just keep coming!
- Our employees are our best recruiters. Any employee who refers a candidate that is hired receives a cash bonus!
- Free company swag, because free stuff is always in style.