Devops Automation Engineer
Tampa , FL 33601
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Why is a DevOps Automation Engineer important to us at SOMA?
The SOMA Platform is built from the ground up on a modern technology stack, deployed in the cloud or on-premise with a fresh user experience on any screen or device. Our intelligent applications and solutions redefine how dispatchers, first responders and other public safety personnel work, increasing productivity and reducing error ultimately saving more lives.
A DevOps Automation Engineer is the backbone of the Platform Team and is responsible for streamlining the infrastructure and deployment of our cloud-native applications. Engineers on the Platform Team must work cross-functionally and touch nearly every part of the codebase to ensure the platform is scalable, robust, and easy-to-use.
We're a brand new team, and we're bringing the company out of its comfort zone to fundamentally change the public safety industry. There are still many unanswered questions, and we're looking for talented engineers to solve these challenges with us.
What are examples of work that DevOps Engineers have done at SOMA?
- We built the first, truly cloud-based public safety application suite that can be seamlessly deployed in any public or private cloud changing how agencies, law enforcement and first responders service communities.
- We architected a scalable open platform for data exchange to facilitate sharing of critical criminal data allowing law enforcement to solve crime faster, anticipate crime with data analysis and save lives.
- We developed an extensible and completely configurable records management system to handle the nuances and differences between federal, state and local agencies for quick deployments and implementation of new data applications.
- We have designed and deployed a Cloud Serverless prototype in order to achieve a full 99.999% availability rating for the Public Safety sector
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Backend engineering experience with strong emphasis on system design
- Experience with service oriented architecture
- Containerization experience using Docker, K8
- Cloud infrastructure exposure including infrastructure automation
- Understanding of architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
- Good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team that touches many parts of the core systems at SOMA
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Flexible schedules
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Long term incentive plan
- Apple equipment
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...