Development Engineer 3
Ann Arbor , MI 48103
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a Development Engineer 3 with CAE multi body simulation experience. Job responsibilities include the ability to specify and implement capabilities in the Adams Automotive Vertical products, develop user requirements, create design documents, perform coding to implement the designs, initiate the testing of the developed capabilities and assist in correcting any deficiencies.
- Perform the design, implementation, system integration, documentation, and unit/system test of Adams automotive vertical product solutions.
- Enhance and correct defects in Adams automotive vertical products.
- Author project documentation.
- Ensure all deliverables meet established Product Quality Metrics and Guidelines.
- Assist QA and V&V teams with benchmarking and certification to ensure a successful and timely product release.
- Provide second-line support to MSC application/support engineers.
- Assist technical marketing and business development teams.
- Assist customers, especially for funded-development projects, as needed.
- Assist product management, marketing, sales and business development teams.
- Management may change this description at any time, according to business needs
Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with Hardware in the Loop, Real Time Applications, preferred
- Minimum 7 years overall experience developing COTS scientific software.
- Minimum 5 years experience COTS scientific software development in multibody system simulation.
- Minimum 5 years programming experience in FORTRAN, C, C++, Python, and/or Adams proprietary languages.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Multi-Body Dynamics software
- Minimum 3 years related industry experience around vehicle simulations.
- Moderate knowledge of multibody analysis with a mastery of vehicle dynamics.
- Moderate engineering and problem-solving skills.
- Moderate knowledge of commercial simulation packages.
- Moderate knowledge of template-based modeling and custom interface design
- Adams solver debugging is highly desirable.