Destination/Deployable Advanced Paramedic
Fort Lauderdale , FL 33301
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Advanced Practice Paramedic (Destination/Deployable) - Full Time Description
Patronus Medical is seeking qualified individuals to serve in its Destination Division. With opportunities in the United States and abroad, candidates applying for this position have the opportunity to provide healthcare in exotic locations, working alongside other experienced providers. This is a 30 day rotational position. Employees will work a 30-day on/30-day off rotation. In addition to providing clinical care, individuals in this role will receive perpetual training opportunities to further their knowledge and skill base as providers. Patronus is looking for candidates who will maintain discretion when working with highly affluent and well-known individuals or groups.
Patronus Medical intends to fill two positions with this posting announcement.
- Respond to emergent and non-emergent calls for assistance from the patient population.
- Conduct triage and evaluate the patients condition while on scene and obtain a preliminary diagnosis.
- Render aid to any injuries or illness using standing protocols, online medical direction, and sound clinic decision making skills.
- Coordinate appropriate long term care plans and make transport determinations based on patients condition, current situation, and available resources.
- Perform high-level skills on patients requiring such services that may otherwise be obtained at an urgent-care environment.
- Conduct telemedicine consults with Patronus physicians on cases requiring online physician direction.
- Adhere to established standing medical protocols and procedures and maintain current knowledge of industry best practices for skills and techniques, as well as changes in the standard of care for medical and trauma patients.
- Operate response vehicles and medical and communications equipment as part of regular job performance.
- Collaborate with other agencies and entities during the treatment and follow up stages of patient care.
- Complete accurate and thorough patient encounter documentation in a timely manner and receive feedback from Patronus physicians on cases.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Patronus Medical is an equal opportunity employer.
- Active paramedic license/certification (with the National Registry of EMTs preferred).
- Previous experience as a Paramedic in a clinical environment is prefered.
- Providers with firefighter certifications encouraged.
- Up to date AHA CPR, ACLS, and PALS certifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work internationally
- Valid Drivers License.
- Prior international experience is preferred.
- Candidates must pass written and clinical evaluations.
Patronus projects the base salary for this position to start at $6,000 per month; with possible monthly performance incentives. Employees will be paid while on site and travel days only.
Current remote posting opportunities include opportunities in the United States and Caribbean.
Training opportunities for advanced certification courses and advanced skills training.
Benefits package for full-time employees. Flexible work environment. Paid time off.