Desktop Support Specialist
Middletown , CT 06457
Posted 3 weeks ago
Join one of CTs 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019's Best Places to Work! We are an expanding IT company that is recognized as one of the Inc 5000s fastest growing companies and the MSPs Top 501.
Exceptional Service. Endless Improvement. Passionate People. Honest and Forthright. These are the core values of Charles IT. We can achieve these values because of our dedicated team, who makes us one of the most successful IT companies of its kind in the region. And because of our team, we offer a level of dedication to our employees rarely found anywhere else. To prove it we encourage learning, professional development and team member input, all in a comfortable family-friendly culture.
Due to growth we are currently seeking to add a Desktop Support Specialist to our exceptional team. You will be responsible for managing the activities and responsibilities of our service team, determining and executing on key priorities for our management team, and ensuring that support is provided to customers at agreed levels. You will need to be outgoing, customer service focused, extremely organized and detail oriented, and able to operate quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment. You will also need to have a strong technical background focused on systems administration.
What Do We Do?
Create real relationships and raving fans by implementing and supporting cutting edge technology.
- Provide first level support and troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve technical issues for end users
- Perform remote desktop, user, network, and basic server support
- Remote assistance to end users for desktop and network issues
- Basic application and endpoint troubleshooting
- Perform occasional on-site support and desktop deployment projects for customers
- Administration of Active Directory users, for account lockouts and password resets
- New user Creations and Decommissions
- Email and Connectivity administration for mobile devices
- Support of Microsoft related technologies: Windows 10, Office 365, Office Suites
- Desktop Imaging and end user computer replacements
- First level triage of critical alerts like disk space, server down and site down alerts
- Remediation of Phishing attacks and compromised credential events
- Configure, install, and support various devices like desktops and printers
- Liaise with third-party vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Communicate to Customers: keep them informed of progress, notify them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Maintain strong client system documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
- Maintain daily documentation by entering time, expenses, and all work as service tickets in ConnectWise
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process
- High School Diploma
- 1 year of experience in the IT field required or successful completion of Charles IT Internship program
- Experience with ConnectWise, Cisco, Meraki, Datto, VMware, Office 365 platform a plus
- Superior communication skills required
- Ability to multi-task and function collaboratively as a member of a fast-paced, client orientated team
- Enthusiastic and dedicated to the challenges of a growing company and client base
- Excellent follow-through to see tasks through completion
- Self-starter with the ability to perform independently with little or no supervision
- High level of organization; strong attention to detail
- Successful passing of a background check
- Current, valid US driver's license is required
Job is an onsite position located in Middletown CT
Charles IT offers a competitive benefit program including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Paid Holidays, PTO, 401K, and bonuses. In addition, we offer free dry cleaning, a fully stocked break room, Friday team lunches, paid trainings, team-building outings every quarter, professional development and so much more!
Charles IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.