Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Posting Dates: 10/05/2018 - 10/19/2018
Job Family: Facilities & Real Estate
Department: Special Projects Department
This position exists to serve priesthood leaders by providing temples, headquarters, and other facilities for their use to help bring souls unto CHRIST.
Does specifying, space planning and selection of furnishings for building designs of average complexity including temples, mission and temple homes, mission offices, headquarters facilities, Headquarter facilities, special projects and projects requested by various General Authorities in order to enhance the function and quality of interior spaces. Makes presentations of materials and provides technical support in developing standard meetinghouse furnishings programs and other projects as assigned to the Architecture Engineering Division. This is an entry level position for graduate interior designers working with Interior Designer level 3 and 2 staff until they meet licensing requirements and become sufficiently skilled and experienced to be an Interior Designer 2.
- 55% - Provides designs, specifications and coordination of the furnishings program, various color schemes, fabrics and finishes, etc. for Church facilities and for ecclesiastical leaders by drawing, sketching, drafting, generation statistical reports, using computer graphic aids, and by giving guidance for the Church program of standard furnishings.
- 15% - Coordinates furnishings decisions with Purchasing personnel as it relates to specifying and processing the standard furnishing program by verbal and written communication means.
- 10% - Prepares presentation materials for various groups and individuals by applying creativity and artistic talent to meet presentation needs, along with skills of drawing, sketching, drafting, photography, paste-up, and in the use of computer graphic equipment.
- 10% - Reviews and investigates new products for design review committees by meeting with manufacturers, visiting projects, making surveys, and soliciting information from various vendors.
- 10% - Coordinates the procurement of furnishing materials for presentation to local leaders and contract architects by providing brochures, color packets and instruction sheets regarding vendor's products.
- Bachelors degree in Interior Design; Associate degree in Interior Design and 5 years relevant experience
- Associate member of ASID (American Society of Interior Design) and working toward NCIDQ registration
- 3 years post educational interior design experience, preferably in a private firm specializing in commercial/institutional projects
- Incumbent must be able to provide successful design solutions to projects of average complexity; have a complete knowledge and comprehension of interior design related materials design and color theory; have a complete knowledge and comprehension of building codes as it relates to interior design, space planning and products as well as other aspects related to commercial requirements of design.
Must be an endowed member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with a current temple recommend.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.lds.org.