Wilson Tool International
White Bear Lake , MN 55110
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Prepare detailed designs, redesigns, or modifications of parts, assemblies, or other mechanical tooling. Exercise detailed and practical application judgment in designing and documenting designs and process. Has minimal supervision and design support. Utilizes computer aided design techniques to perform applicable design and drafting work. Develop process understanding for Sales, Design, Planning, Manufacturing, Warehouse, and Shipping.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creative thinking and innovative problem solving to develop bending and forming solutions that expands beyond industry boundaries and limitations.
- Develop and document tooling requirements and bend sequences required to make customer parts.
- Complete, distribute, and communicate all appropriate instructions, drawings, and other design information to the shop floor, sales desk, and customer.
- Utilize manufacturing capacities and limitations to determine "feasibility to manufacture" the developed tooling concepts and solutions.
- Final assembly and testing of finished tooling designs using press brake equipment
- Other duties as assigned by the Business Unit Leader.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize general drafting standards in making CAD designs.
- Ability to visualize abstract parts from customer prints to create various sequence and configurations.
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication and bending experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of various machining and manufacturing processes.
- Technical math through trigonometric functions.
- CAD proficiency; 2 year design/drafting degree.
- 2 years CAD/Design work experience, Solid Works preferred.
- SAP experience is preferred
- Honesty / Integrity- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Accountability- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Motivation- Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Communication- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and writing clearly and concisely.
- Team Player- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals and work well in a team environment. Ability to recognize and show consideration for others.
- Problem Solving/Innovative- Ability to find a creative solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuous sit throughout the workday
- Continuous work on computer throughout the workday
- Continuous reaching forward between shoulder/waist
- Continuous bending/twisting/rotating and simple grasping and writing
- Continuous exposure to indoor manufacturing environment
- Occasional exposure to chemicals and/or fumes
- Frequent standing and walking throughout manufacturing and office environments
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
Definitions:Continuous Frequent Occasional
5-8 hrs./shift 2-5 hrs./shift Up to 2 hrs./shiftWORK ENVIRONMENT
Office and ManufacturingWORK SCHEDULE
Full-Time, Monday-Friday; Day hoursCOMPENSATION
Non-Exempt- Starting pay $34.69-$36.27 DOEWilson Tool is an EEO/AA employer: women, minorities, the disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply. EEO is the Law