Boise , ID 83709
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Hansen-Rice, Inc, a Design-Build General Contractor, is currently seeking qualified candidates to fulfill an available Design Manager position within our Design department. Hansen-Rice, is located in Nampa, ID in the Boise Metropolitan Area.
Primary role and responsibilities of this position will focus on consulting with clients and the project team to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structures or renovations while preparing designs and specifications. Design Managers will both supervise and mentor Designers and Drafters.
Job functions include the following:
- Participate in sales and marketing efforts for the development of new business.
- Interact with Principals, managers, clients and project teams, articulating the clients vision.
- Study, research and interpret design criteria for local, national, and international jurisdiction.
- Travel to proposed job sites, as necessary, to identify site conditions/requirements.
- Monitor and check design projects for timely drawing production.
- Ensure the Companys design integrity and quality standards are maintained.
- Review and check drawings for accuracy, conformance, and constructability.
- Interface with other departments to ensure design matches project requirements.
- Coordinate commercial and industrial projects from time of inception through completion.
- Coordinate overall ADA compliance.
- Responsible for assisting in or obtaining building, occupancy, and temporary permits.
- Solicit bids and award consultant contracts including writing and managing consultant contracts.
- Plan and manage multiple projects, drawings, and details simultaneously in a timely, thorough and professional manner.
- Conduct periodic on-site observations during construction.
- Participate in the presentation of proposals, budgets, etc., to clients.
- Participate in the hiring, mentoring, training and growth of junior staff.
Potential candidates should be motivated, innovative, and energetic individuals with a desire to join a growth-based company willing to provide tools, training and guidance to achieve personal advancement while delivering construction projects for our clients nationwide. To attract and retain top talent, we offer a very competitive compensation package including both benefits and a bonus program. AITs and EITs are encouraged to apply as they will be working under the direction of a Licensed Architect or Professional Engineer and will be able to accrue hours towards their professional credentials.
Qualified candidates will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum of five years experience required. Construction estimating or project management background helpful.
- Design scheduling - one-year preferred.
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to: Revit, AutoCAD, Windows, Outlook, Excel, MS Word. Sketch-up, Photo Shop or equivalent preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and practical application of regulatory codes, including Energy and ADA.
- Ability to prepare and present accurate and reliable reports containing findings and recommendations.
- Ability to call consultants and solicit bids as required.
- Excellent coordination, organization, delegation, negotiation, and decision making skills.
- Leadership and supervisory skills required.
- Good record keeping skills.
- Ability to multi-task between several projects simultaneously in a timely, thorough and professional manner.
- Confidentiality required.
- Ability to make independent decisions and successfully carry out job responsibilities in a stressful work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. English able to communicate well using both technical and non-technical language, read and understand thoroughly.
- Possess a good work ethic.
- Willingness to travel via air and/or ground, often on short notice; includes overnight and longer stays.
- Ability to work with co-workers, clients, subcontractors and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to both take direction and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work extended workdays and workweeks as needed to accomplish the job.
- Maintain a regular and dependable level of attendance.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test