Dbi/David Brown International
Miami , FL 33101
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
DBI is working with a global, design forward hospitality design firm based in Miami, Florida. This firm, however, is so much more than a design firm. It is an all-inclusive hospitality expert with successes that range from the built environment, to land and water sustainability. There is no other firm like it.
This role will assist in developing creative-design concepts and lead the preparation of architectural presentations and production drawings, generate design studies and assesses design proposals as well as assist in designing high-end resorts, hospitality and private luxury destinations.
- Participate in all phases of the design process including envisioning sessions and the creation of conceptual designs, schematic design, design development, space planning, presentation drawings, sketches and renderings
- Develop conceptual designs and presentations, perform programming of design requirements, space planning, and verification of code compliance
- Develop, modify and review design drawings, correct and update documents, and assist in developing solutions to technical problems with creative and practical solutions
- Manage project design with awareness of project budgets, staffing requirements and schedules to meet project goals
- Develop and mentor junior members in the development of space planning concepts, design solutions, and quality production
- Perform quality assurance / quality control of architectural drafting and presentations in accordance with company standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7+ years of experience in an Architectural office with a focus on Hospitality Design, licensure preferred
- Strong multi-task ability. Must be a self-starter
- Proficiency in professional software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Bluebeam & Outlook) as well as proficiency in Rhino, Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, InDesign and Photoshop
- Must bring a strong design, graphic, sketching, illustration & presentation skill
- Strong presentation and client relations skills desirable
- Experience with managing small teams and multi-disciplinary specialists